Chapter 19

Denver's POV

"Anyway, I got you some supplies." Carter says, looking at me.

I reach my hand to take the bags, and he hands it to me.

"Thanks." I say.

"Whatever." He responds.

"Do you want to come inside?" I ask him.

"I just gave you a nice tea, so I might as well drink one." He agrees, so I lead him onto the living room.

I never let him inside the house, I didn't let anyone enter it, I wanted Denver to be the first person who would come inside.

"How are you?" Carter asks, sounding a little uneasy.

"I'm fine." I respond. "How are you?" I repeat his question.

"I'm good." He says, so I nod, and I tell him to sit in the living room, while I do some tea for us.

I finish it quickly, and soon I'm sitting on the couch next to him.

It's strange that we don't know how to behave next to each other, the last time we sat on the a couch together, was when we were best friends, and we were laughing about something that happened in the pack.

Reggie takes the phone again, and he continues to play the game, while Carter glares at him.

"Did you steal Denver's phone again?" He asks Reggie.

"Yeah." Reggie confirms, unbothered.

"I told you something about it." He says, before he take the phone from Reggie hands.

"I'm sure that Denver would be fine with it, and it's not like he will be using it today." Reggie argues.

"I don't care." Carter responds, making Reggie wine, and I laugh at them.

"Stop laughing, you will have your own kids soon, we will see who will laugh then." He says, glaring at me.

"I hope I won't have more than two." I tell him.

"Thats what I used to say, until I had two, and then three, and then four, and then five, and then..." He says, but I cut him.

"I get it." I say laughing. "But Denver isn't an Omega, so we will have to adopt, that means that it's completely up to us." I tell him.

"He might have a womb, you should force him to check it before you mate, he's no an Omega, so it can be damaged, and also then can know what to expect." He tells me, and my eyes widen.

"He may be able to have kids?" I ask, stunned.

"Yeah, he might have inherited a womb from Timmy." He explains.

"Alright, I will tell him to check it." I agree, and he smiles happily.

"Good luck with that." He tells me, and I groan.

"So, he hates Doctors too." I say.

"Even more than you, he used to be petrified of them, when he was younger, he probably still is." He tells me.

"I don't mind Doctors." Reggie shrugs.

"That's good for you then." I respond.

"They're good, and they make the pain go away." He tries to convince me.

"Or they make it even more painful." I tell him, flinching as I remember how our pack Doctor was rebreaking my arm, when I was a kid.

We talk for a while longer before Carter finishes his tea, and he says that he has to go to help with the kids, and he takes Reggie with him, leaving me alone again.