Chapter 9

Denver's POV

"Did you make me follow you here?" I ask Reggie.

"Maybe." He tells me, and I mess his hair, before I decide to tickle him to death.

"Leave me alone." He says between laughs.

"I would have saved you, but you know that I can't." Joseph tells him.

"I can't find that stupid key." Reggie tells him, and I stop tickling him, before I look at Joseph accusingly.

"Did you tell him to find the key for you?" I ask, and he puts his arms up in defence.

"I didn't, I was alright with waiting here for you, it was his idea." Joseph says, making me look at Reggie who lays on the ground, right next to me, still rying to catch his breath.

He nods his head in confirmation, and I give him a serious look.

"Reggie, you can do things like that, it's dangerous, what if he lied to you, wanting you to let him out, so he can kill you?" I ask him, and he looks at me like I'm crazy.

"That's why I don't watch any movies with the bunch of you." He says, and Joseph laughs at his comment.

I turn my head towards him, so I can glare at him, and he stops his laughter, or at least tries to.

"And you definitely can't sneak out of the house, what if something happened to you?" I ask him.

"There are guards everywhere, I would have just screamed, and someone would have come to rescue me." He says.

"Whatever, I will have to tell dad about it." I say, and his eyes widen.

"Don't tell him anything." He pleads.

"It's for your safety, if you want to see Joseph, then you will have to ask someone to take you here." I tell him.

"Yeah, because any of them have time for that, with seven babies that need to be taken care off." He says.

"We will work it out somehow." I tell him, making him stand up, and he runs towards the house, probably to tell papa that he did something to me, and that they should expect me to lie that he did something.

That happened before.

"He is a bravest kid that I have ever known." Joseph says, with a wide smile on his face.

"He is, but I'm not sure if I like it." I tell him honestly.

"He won't stop seeking out if you tell your parents, he will just do it more often, and he will enjoy it a lot more." Joseph says, and I look at the ground.

"I will make sure that he can come here with someone." I tell him.

I stand up, and Joseph does the same, before he looks at me pleadingly.

"Do you have to tell them?" He asks me with puppy eyes.

"It's for his safety, I will be back in a few days." I say with a slight smile, and he gives me one back.

"Alright, see you." He says, and he goes back to his house.

I walk off, and I go towards the house, so I can find out what Reggie said this time.