Chapter 24

Denver's POV

"Come inside." Chris says, motioning for me to come closer to him.

I groan, but I walk inside of the room, closing the door behind me.

"Alright, can you tell me what's wrong?" He asks, while he shows me with his hand, that he wants me to sit on the bed.

I look at it, and when I take too long, Chris forces me to sit on it.

"I was throwing up." I tell him after a while.

"That's not good." He says, and I laugh a little.

"Are you sure?" I ask him, slightly amused.

"Yes, I will have to do a few tests." He tells me and I nod, already not liking the idea.

He goes towards his desk, and he takes a needle, making me groan again.

"Just look away, I will do it as quickly as I can." He says, but I refuse to look away, and I just look at the needle that goes inside of my arm.

I wince a little at the feeling, and when I see my blood in the tube, I finally decide to look away.

It takes only a while, as Chris promised, and soon I can breathe in relief.

"You should stay here, I will be back in a few minutes." He tells me, and I agree.

I wait for about ten minutes, and then Chris comes back with a piece of paper.

"Alright I think I know what's wrong." He tells me, looking at me with a smile.

"Why are you smiling?" I ask, not knowing if I should panic or not.

"Lay down." He says, and then he makes me do it when I refuse to listen again.

"What are you doing?" I ask curiously.

"Don't worry I will tell you when I'm sure that I'm correct." He tells me, and I nod.

He leaves the room again, and he comes back with some machine.

He sits on a chair, that is next to the bed, before he pulls my shirt up, I decide to just let him do what he wants, since I'm too tired to fight, and even if I wanted to, he is a lot stronger than me.

I flinch as he pours something cold on my stomach, I look down to see that it's some gel.

He then puts something to my stomach, and he moves it around while looking at the screen on the machine.

I can't really see the screen, since it isn't facing me, so I just lay down, and I wait for him to finish.

"Alright." He says, trying to gain my attention.

I didn't even realise that he already finished what he was doing.

He gives me some paper, telling me to clean my stomach, and I do so quickly, before I sit up, and I looking at him expectantly.

He comes to stand near me, and he gives me some pictures, I look at them, and then I look back at him.

"What is that?" I ask him.

"Look at it." He tells me, so I look at it again, and I see a drop.

"A cancer?" I guess.

"Not really, it's a kid." He says, and I get dizzy, before I faint.