Chapter 41

Denver's POV

When Joseph and I enter my family house, everyone is already up, most of them still eating breakfast in the dining room, while the rest is already in the living room.

"Do you want to eat with us?" Dad asks, and I nod in agreement, since I already know that even through I'm not hungry at all, Joseph will force me to eat no matter what.

I guess he has a right to do it since he is making sure that his son, who is still inside of me, will be alright, but this doesn't change the fact that it annoys me.

I let him lead me into the dining room, and I watch as he puts way too much food on my plate, there isn't even a chance that I will eat all of it.

I take one of the sandwiches in my hand, and I begin to eat, after a while I can feel Joseph's gaze on me, so I look up to see him smiling at me, I glare at him playfully, and he just chuckles.

We finish the breakfast quickly, and I remember that I wanted to talk to papa before we leave, so since I don't know when he will have to leave for work, I should talk to him now.

I take Joseph's hand, and I pull him with me to the living room, where I saw papa earlier, he is playing with Leon and Hugh, and when I look around, I notice that the kids still are very quiet.

Joseph goes to sit next to Tyler and Mason, so I look at papa.

"Did you find Oliver?" I ask, gaining papa's attention, he smiles sadly, and he shakes his head.

"Can we talk, before you go to work?" I ask him, and he frowns for a moment.

"Of course." He agrees, before he stands up from the floor, and he goes towards his office, that is one of the only soundproof rooms in this house.

I follow him, and soon we are sitting on the couch, that is placed in one of the corners of his office.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asks curiously.

"I just wanted to ask if you have thought about letting me try to pass the Alpha ceremony." I tell him, and he groans loudly.

"I did think about it, and Mason tried to convince me a lot of times." He tells me.

"But?" I ask.

"But I still don't think that it's a good idea, there is a big chance that you will die if you don't pass, and I don't want to take that risk." He tells me honestly.

"I still want to try." I say.

"You're stubborn." He says.

"I am." I agree.

"How about we leave this conversation for the time when I will want to retire." He asks.

I consider it, and I end up nodding in agreement, at least it's not a no, which is a big progress.

"Maybe you weren't meant to be an Alpha, or maybe you were, but you have to suffer the consequences of my decisions.

But you will end up doing what you were meant to do in the end, whatever that could be." He tells me, and he gives me a side hug, since my stomach is too big for a normal one.

We stay like that for a while longer, before ws return to the living room.