Chapter 30

Denver's POV

We stay at my house for a few hours, but when it started to get dark outside, we decided that we have to go back.

So, we said our goodbyes, before we went out of the house, and we shifted again, to make it back quicker.

"The last one there will make food." Joseph tells me, before starts to run at full speed.

I quickly run after him, and after struggling for some time, I finally manage to get in front of him.

He tries to trip me, but he's unsuccessful.

I can't get much distance between us, but I'm the first one at the house, so I win.

I shift back, and put my shorts on, before I take the key out of my packet, and I open the gate.

I wait for Joseph to get dressed, and when he's done, we head inside of the house.

"That went well." I tell him as he lays himself on the couch, I go there, and I lay on top of him, playing with his hair.

"Are you going to be an Alpha?" He asks me, and I groan.

"Maybe." I say honestly.

"I thought that the position is yours, since you're the eldest son, but Carter mentioned something about Tyler being the heir." He tells me.

"Papa missed my birth, so that it supposed to make me not good enough for the position, but I might pass the Alpha ceremony, if papa lets me try." I tell him sadly.

"Does he want to let you try?" He asks.

"I don't think so, but I will probably force him to let me, when he will decide to retire." I tell him.

"Do you even want the position?" He asks.

"Of course, I want it. Who wouldn't.?" I ask.

"The Beta position was supposed to be mine, and I didn't want it, but my father forced me to agree to Carter's offer." He explains.

"Why didn't you want it?" I ask curiously.

"Because it was too much responsibility, that I wasn't willing to take, especially at a young age." He tells me honestly, before he kisses my cheek, and I nod slightly.

I sit up, and I open my laptop to put some movie on.

"By the way, I will have to go back to my house, so I can get some more clothes." I tell him remembering, that I don't have much clothes here.

"I will go with you." He says, and I agree, before I let the movie play.

I cuddle to him again, and we watch the screen on my laptop for a while, before I get hungry.

"I want the food that I won." I tell Joseph, and he laughs slightly, before he makes me stand up, so he can get off the couch.

He goes out of the living room, and he comes back few minutes later, without the food, saying that it's in the oven.

So, we watch the movie for a little longer, and then he goes to get it.

He returns with a huge pizza, making me smile brightly for the hundredth time today.