Chapter 52 - Beginning of vacation

The holidays had just started. Ai was sick and Conan had refused anyone to visit her so that no one would be infected. This had strongly disappointed Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko, and rather annoyed because their comrade stayed with the redhead.

   Yoko found herself alone in the apartment. Jinpei continued to work, and she didn't have much to do on her side, apart from going to see her comrades who would certainly want to play football if it weren't for going in search of investigations or sticking their noses where they shouldn't have. And neither playing football, nor having problems or solving cases interested her. She wanted to avoid at all costs to avoid getting involved in a murder case again.

   In the present moment, the girl was lying on her bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking. She didn't know what to do, Mitsuhiko not having lent her another Kamen Yaiba DVD to keep her busy.
   -I could ask him... She muttered.
   She got up suddenly, sitting on her mattress.
   -I'm not going to stay all my holidays doing nothing! Especially since... It's my first vacation as a child...

   The former high school girl was silent for a moment. It was true that it was the first time she had been on vacation since she was younger. On vacation, without Yosuke or Akihiko...
   She shook her head sharply. She wasn't going depressed. No one would want that to happen, be it her brother, her best friend or even Kaede and Masashi, especially since the latter had asked her to keep smiling, at least according to her memories of him. So she had to do what he asked her to do.

   She eventually grabbed her phone and texted Mitsuhiko. She asked him if she could borrow some DVDs that she would pick up on her own, so as not to bother him more than that. She soon received a positive response from her friend.
   Yoko got dressed so quickly and left her room, grabbed her jacket, put on her shoes and headed outside, not without closing the door twice just in case. Even at the exit of the building, she remained cautious, checking that there was no one there and headed on foot and ran to the Beika district.
   It was the first time in a few weeks that she had gone out alone again. She was not reassured and was constantly on her guard, but she couldn't help it. Besides, it would do her good and allow her to check if she was still being followed.

   - You really went out alone? Jinpei asked surprised.
   The evening had arrived for a while. The girl with the glasses had gone back and forth alone to the Tsuburayas, maintaining a certain caution and mistrust, remaining attentive to her surroundings.
   As a response to the policeman, she just nodded, looking a little pensive.
   -So ?
   -I didn't have this feeling of being followed, I guess it's positive... Afterwards since this feeling only came in the evening and that was the afternoon...

   At the same time to speak, Yoko thought. She didn't know if she was followed only at night, if the person following her had given up or if she had just imagined all this. If it was her imagination, she wondered why she had imagined that.
   The man, when to him, got up from the sofa and took out a cigarette, heading to the window. This story remained intriguing, but if nothing had happened, it was a good sign. At least, in the time she was out. To see if she could really go out alone again.

   -Well, I'm going to prepare the meal!
   The kid with the glasses got up and stretched before heading into the kitchen. For the moment, she might as well not think too much about her problems and change her mind.
   As she started rummaging through the cupboards, Jinpei's phone vibrated. The man took it out of his pocket to read it. A smile appeared on his face before he put the phone away.
   - We eat outside. He simply announced.
   -Eh ? For what ? The girl was surprised, turning around.
   Without answering, the man took his jacket and headed for the exit. His roommate looked at him before getting out of her chair and following him, wondering.

   The child and the man walked down the street. Yoko wondered why all of a sudden went out to eat. He had never proposed it before, it was intriguing.
   The policeman turned his gaze to the little one he was guarding, before yawning.
   -I'm just going to join someone I know. He explained briefly.
   Someone he knew? The blonde from the last time? Amuro Tooru, after the name he introduced himself as.
   It was true that the girl didn't know Jinpei's relatives. There were just his colleagues and the blond man. Also the one he had gone to visit at the cemetery, but since he was no longer alive... She didn't know if he had family or more friends than this blond man.

   The girl was thinking. Why take him if he was going to see someone he knew? She hoped he wasn't doing this just so he wouldn't leave her alone. But a priori, it should not be the case.
   -I... don't risk disturbing you? She finally asks.
   The policeman stopped short and looked at her with a bored expression.
   -Do you think I would have carried you around with me if you were in the way?
   The concerned blinked several times while she was still staring at this bored look. If she couldn't come, Jinpei would just say he was leaving and would come back later.
   - Stop asking stupid questions and come on.
   - Yes, sorry.
   They resumed their walk, a little faster.

   They quickly arrived at a street where there were several restaurants. Jinpei looked around, looking for the person he was going to join. Yoko trotted beside him, looking around her as if she was looking for the person without actually looking for her since she had no idea what she looked like.
   Suddenly, someone passes by the girl. She took a moment of realization, before turning her head. This person... she knew her.