Chapter 9 - The old castle『3/4』

Blood, blood, always blood. This is what "Yoko" saw in her nightmare.
   Recently, it had faded, but probably because of this disappearance it had come back. But unlike a few days ago, her classmates were involved. They were all facing this man with long hair who was shooting at them.

   The young girl jumped awake, trembling and sweating. She turned her head, and let out a silent sigh of relief.
The children were sleeping peacefully.
   She went back to bed, arms on her forehead, calming her breathing and her tremors. Then she rubbed her eyes.

   After a few minutes, she heard someone straighten up. Turning her head in the direction of the noise, she spotted Ai.
   The latter got up and discreetly left the room, after a stop in front of the door because of people who were passing. The former high school student decided to follow her. So she quickly tied her hair and joined her very swiftly. It was better that someone was watching her.
   -What are you doing ? Asked the redhead.
   -Uh... Well... I saw you leaving... So I was just wondering what you were doing...
   -... I'm just going to find Edogawa-kun and Agasa-hakase... I would advise you to stay in the room.
   -...
   Faced with what her classmate had said, she couldn't help but rub her arms. Agasa had apparently also disappeared.
   She shook her head from the images of her nightmare and followed Ai, trying not to lose sight of her.

   The two girls had already been in the halls for a few minutes. Every end of the corridor led to mistrust.
   At one point, Ai turned around, suspicious. She made a sign to her friend to remain silent, moved a little forward before quickly turning around.
   -Well then...
   -We're worried about Conan-kun...
   -Hakase didn't come back either...
   -We too, we will help you find them!
   At the voices, "Yoko" understood that it was Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko.
   -We are always stronger at five! Said the biggest of the group after seeing the presence of the former high school girl.
   -Yes, it's true ! Agreed his two friends.
   -Okay... It won't be my fault if you get killed. The brunette finally sighed.
   Stress mounted in the bespectacled kid, who gritted her teeth and distanced herself.

   The small group walked discreetly in the corridors where there was no one.
   Ai opened the door to a room, checked that no one was there, and entered.
   -Here ? That's the room we were in this afternoon, right? Genta asked.
   "Yoko" entered last, carefully checking that no one had followed them. Then, she gently closed the door and watched the redhead move tables and book, as during the afternoon. She then climbed onto what she had assembled, and touched the clock. And after a while, a secret door opened.

   The children approached this new place and looked at what it was about. A dark passage.
   -If we manually turn the clock hand several times, it triggers a mechanism that opens the door... Explained the redhead.
   The former high school girl was surprised that she had understood that and therefore, that Conan had also understood. This corresponded to the place where he had disappeared. So he had known there was a passage.

   The small team rushed into the passage. Ai, at the head, lit a lamp. "Yoko" brought up the rear, as from the beginning zs the other three children were between the two girls.
   -Oh ! How long are these stairs... Genta exclaimed.
   -Conan-kun must have gotten lost here... Supposed Mitsuhiko.
   -Uh... This thing that shines is... Started Ayumi.
   -Oh that ? It's a lamp in the shape of a clock that Agasa-hakase gave me... Explained the redhead.
   -Ah! Do you have it too?
   Right after the freckled boy's words, the three children also turned on a light from their watch. Then, the girl in the headband turned to her friend with tied hair.
   -You'll need one too! She says.
   -Eh... ?
   Without having time to ask why, they resumed their walk.

   After a few minutes, the one leading the group stopped. She bent down and touched something.
   -What is that ? Asked the thinner of the two boys.
   -Some blood. Judging by the color and the coagulation, it's fairly recent... She replied.
   -Wow! Haibara-san, it looks like Conan-kun! Joked Ayumi.
   - Don't talk nonsense... It may be his blood...
   The former high school girl took a step or two back. She forced herself not to think of the worst. He could just be hurt, somewhere in that passage.

   - Say... Say... We... We could...
   The schoolgirl was immediately terrified. She couldn't ask to leave when one of the children was probably in danger. In addition, the children were talking to each other about what was going on, so might as well not disturb them.
   -What's up Yoko? Don't tell me you're scared! Genta almost yelled as he walked away.
   -It's... it's that...
   She followed him, muttering things he couldn't understand. She was indeed scared. Since Conan's disappearance she was afraid. But she couldn't talk about it, since she could not reveal the reason of her worry. She couldn't, and no one would believe her.

   - Hey! I found something on the ground! Ended up calling the bulk of the group. Those are glasses...
   -These...these are those of A...of Agasa-hakase...No? Said "Yoko", quite taken by fear.
   She recognized the shape of it, although she had only known the man from the day before.
   - But what are they doing here?! Genta asked.
   -They're broken and there's blood... Worries Ayumi upon observation.

   Ai was onto something else. Seeing her towards the wall, her comrades approached, put aside by the former high school girl who stood aside.
   The redhead pressed against the wall and she, Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko were pushed out of the secret passage by the door, which closed.
   -Eh...
   "Yoko" approached quickly and tried pushing open the door. Well, at least she tried. It was in vain.
   Sensing a presence behind her, she froze, frightened. She was unable to move, much less avoid the blow inflicted on her.