Chaptrer 11 - Lie or...?

Jinpei had decided to take a walk to where the explosion had taken place, where Yoko used to live.
   An investigation had taken place in order to find the origin and the author of the explosion. But there was nothing to point to at least one suspect.

   The policeman wanted to question the neighborhood in order to obtain more information about the people living in the now non-existent house. It was still difficult to have the point of view of the little girl he was keeping, the latter remaining silent on this subject.
   The man therefore went and knocked on a nearby house. When the door opened, a man, poorly dressed and reading documents, looked at him.
   -Hello, is it for...?
   -I would like to ask you a few questions about the people who died in the operation. He said showing his police badge.
   -I don't have time to waste, so hurry up.
   - How many were there?
   -Four, it seems good to me. The parents ran the restaurant, and they were helped by their children... But I'm not the best person to talk about it... I know that the old man two doors down from here often went to eat in the restaurant...
   The young man pointed to her carrying, before greeting Jinpei, who walked towards the location shown.

   Jinpei started the same thing as at the previous house. This time it was an elderly person who opened the door.
   - Can you tell me more about the family who died recently? he asked.
   -Uh... You're talking about the Nishimura who ran the restaurant?
   -Tell me what you know about them.
   -It was a nice little family... The two children were adopted... There was Enoshiya Kyoka and his little brother, Enoshiya Yosuke... Yosuke-kun was a nice boy...
   The policeman raised his eyebrows.
   -Nobody else ? he asked. Like another kid...
   -I don't remember...
   - How old were they?
   -Seventeen for the largest I believe... Sixteen maybe? His brother must have been thirteen or fourteen... He was in college. replied the old man.

   It was strange. Yoko had indeed spoken of a boy, whom she had said was her brother, as well as of her adoptive parents, but she had never mentioned another girl.
   -While I think about it... When the restaurant exploded... I seem to have seen the big one in the vicinity... I quickly lost sight of it, with all this crowd... I I heard screaming, but then nothing... Explained the old man.
   - You don't know where she went?
   -You know... There were a lot of people...
   He quickly thanked the old man before walking away.

   No trace of the so-called Enoshiya Kyoka, Tomura Yoko who hadn't even counted it and who didn't seem to live in this house contrary to what she had said. Could she have lied?
   For the moment, the most important thing was to know where the teenager had gone. If her house had exploded, her family killed, it was strange that she disappeared.

   The policeman went around the rest of the house, in order to go behind, where the girl had been found. Here, too, there was something strange. What was she doing on the floor? Why were her clothes too big?

   Jinpei walked back to the front of the house. Other neighbors may have information.
   So he went to knock on doors again, and repeatedly asked if a woman named Enoshiya Kyoka had been seen. He didn't really have a conclusive answer, until a woman could answer him.
   -I saw the young girl working in the restaurant. She almost bumped into me, heading into the small alley next to her house.
   -Where did this passage lead?
   -Behind the house if I'm not   mistaken... She answered.

   There were more and more strange things. Jinpei took the time to think about all the information he had.
   Enoshiya Kyoka, living in the restaurant, had been seen heading behind the house, where Yoko had been found with much too big clothes. Yoko had never mentioned that a Kyoka lived in the house. She had just said that she was there with her adoptive parents and her brother. Moreover, she had not been recreated anywhere.
   Either the girl had lied about where she lived or she was Kyoka. The second possibility was the one that most coincided with all the elements, especially considering that when Yoko mentioned her family, she was talking about Nishimura Akahara, Nishimura Asahi as well as Enoshiya Yosuke. But, how could a high school girl look like a child?

   The policeman decided to go home. At this hour, the child he was harboring must have already come home. By questioning her, he would certainly get answers, new information.

   Yoko nodded to her comrades before taking the way back, which she knew quite well now. She retained the path, having quite well taken her lairs.
   She was returning alone, since her current place of residence was not in Beika. She was just wondering why she had been sent to this area, when there was probably closer.

   Once back, the kid with the glasses took a chair on which she climbed to take a glass that she filled with water. Once all drunk, she put it in the kitchen sink.
   She had had the hiccups for a good ten minutes and had decided to drink to make it go away. She had helped herself without hesitation, even if she didn't like doing it, but her hiccups had annoyed her.

   She jumped when she heard the door open and climbed down from the chair she was on to get her drink. Then she decided to go back to the bedroom.
   -You can come ?
   - Hey... uh...
   Timidly, she approached. She didn't know what he wanted.
   The policeman asked her to sit down, which worried the former high school student, who sat down without hesitation.
   -Enoshiya Kyoka, does this name ring a bell?
   The girl's blood froze in an instant.