Chapter 48 - Never again『2/2』

Yoko swallowed, fearing that it was a body that was knocked over. She didn't want the campsite to go wrong again.
Conan, who had gone to check what was happening, returned to his comrade.
-It's just a wooden stake, don't worry. He said to him.
-Eh ?
The young girl jumped, not expecting the arrival of her friend. She hadn't even seen him leave.
- With your worried air, I preferred to go and check. It would be a shame if you didn't come camping anymore because you're scared. Explained the young boy.
-A... Alright... thank you...
-Yet wherever you go there is always a case. Ai chimed in slightly mockingly.
-Oe oe...

The girl with the glasses turned her head towards her two comrades. Conan had tried to reassure her but Ai had, on the contrary, worried her. She didn't want there to be another affair.
She sighed, desperate, not knowing what to think.

The road resumed and the motorhome very quickly reached the top of the hill. They could see the fireworks that Ayumi had previously seen. The children could admire it, their eyes shining.
As usual, Yoko took her camera to photograph the famous fireworks. It would make an extra memory.
-That's wonderful ! Mitsuhiko exclaimed.
-Yes ! Acquired Ayumi.
-It would be better if we had something to eat. Genta grumbled a little.
-Mooh, stop wanting to eat all the time! The girl with her hair tied up kindly mocked.
-But it's not my fault... Responded in a grumpy tone the concerned.

Agasa looked at the children with a smile before turning his head to the sky again.
-You were right, it's the perfect place to see the show! he said.
-Yes. We discovered this place by chance, four years ago, while camping... Haruka explained.
- Nobody knew it! Added Meshiai.
-Finally, we're all going to leave college and start working soon. It's probably the last time we come here, all together... Finished Reiji.
This more pessimistic ending kept the group of children a little silent. This, until Ayumi breaks it by talking to Conan. He seemed focused on something else.

The show ended, the group resumed the way back, in a somewhat worried atmosphere, especially coming from the students.
-But where could Yasumi-san have gone... I was convinced that she would be there and yet... Meshiai sighed
- Does she often do that? Asked the young boy with glasses.
-Yes... Last year she went there by bike before us and had just been the first on the scene but...
Haruka couldn't finish her sentence as the vehicle braked suddenly, even if a little less than on the way there, causing Yoko's head to hit the window again. The girl mumbled something as she put her hands on her head.

-Reiji?! Again ?! The driver's friend got angry.
- What is it this time? The dark-haired woman annoyed.
Reiji turned pale and took a few moments to answer.
-There... it's... Yasumi... in the middle of the road... Articulated the man.
The three students looked worried, almost horrified, before the two men rushed out of the vehicle, followed by Conan. Ayumi, Genta, Mitsuhiko, Ai and Yoko looked at each other. Or almost. The young girl with the glasses just stared at the table, hands on her arms to reassure herself.

It was starting again. Something had gone wrong. But this time, what was it? What had happened to the so-called Yasumi?
She was afraid. The former high school student was afraid to know. But she wanted. She had to be clear about it. If she could do anything in healing, she would.

-Yoko-chan? Called Ayumi when she saw her classmate get up.
-I'll be back... Don't... don't worry... I'll hurry...
The way she spoke and held herself indicated that she was not reassured. However, she left the camping car all the same, without however moving away from it.
A little further ahead, illuminated by the vehicle's headlights, was the bloodied body of the short-haired woman, her eyes open, not moving. Conan, Reiji and Meshiai were around, the blonde haired man on the phone.

Faced with this macabre spectacle, the former high school girl widened her eyes before closing them firmly, rubbing her arms and squatting. This day had indeed ended badly, when everything was almost perfect.
Ai seemed to be right. Everywhere Conan went, there was case. Unless it's Yoko who brings bad luck. She preferred not to know the answer.

Being faced with a corpse brought back memories to the young girl. Unpleasant memories, which she would have preferred not to remember. Not now.
At first, the one with Gin and Vodka, which had caused her to be rejuvenated. The current situation was not the same, and she was not alone. She had no reason to be afraid that the two men would come at this very moment.

The second memory dated back further. A more painful memory. That of the death of her parents. The accident in which Enoshiya Kaede and Enoshiya Masashi perished, when Kyoka was only seven years old. She saw the bleeding body of her mother, as well as that of her father.
She couldn't get rid of this vision. She would have preferred, however, and this since the tragedy. Normally, she didn't have these images in her head, even when she went to see them at the cemetery.

-Yoko-kun?
The hand landing on Yoko's shoulder startled her. It was Agasa. He had a worried look on his face.
-Are you OK ? Je asked.
The person concerned got up in silence. She was able to react to everything around her. But she looked grim, and clutched the chain hanging from her pants.
-It... It'll be fine... It's nothing...
Without another word, she returned to her friends who gave her worried looks. She settled back into her seat, still silent.