Chapter 13 - Diving into her memories

"Yoko" was in her place, in class, holding her head in her arms. There were already a few students in the room. Genta's group had not yet arrived.
Without realizing it, the girl began to fall asleep. She could still hear the voices around her, but no longer quite understand what they were saying.

Ayumi and Mitsuhiko approached their sleeping classmate's table.
-Even like that she still looks sad! Whispered the girl in the headband.
The girl with the glasses moved slightly, hiding her face in her arms. She had managed to hear and understand what the little girl had said. But she forgot right after. Or at least, almost. The last words stayed with her as she fell into a deeper sleep.

'Kyoka was in class, half crying. It hadn't even been a month since she had lost her parents. It was still difficult for her.
-Say... Asked a black haired boy shyly. W... Why do you always look so sad?
-Eh... ?
-I... I was wondering why you were always sad... You didn't come for a whole week and... Uh...
- It's none of your business! Answered the seven-year-old girl.
The young boy took a step back and lowered his gaze.
-S... Sorry...

The brown-eyed girl put her head back in her arms, as she had done before the boy's intervention. She watched him walk away.
For her, her reaction had been correct. Her situation was in no way his business, even if he hadn't done anything mean by asking her.

When the teacher arrived, Kyoka sat up and grabbed her pencil, drying her tears a little.

The end of school rang. All the children came out happily, except for the brown-haired little girl, who was dragging her feet.
Since the death of her parents, she had only come home alone, taking her time, even in the rain.

-It's me. She said once arrived home, soaking wet.
Akahara, carrying three-year-old Yosuke in her arms, arrived.
-Hello... Kyoka-chan... You didn't take your umbrella like I told you! Go change! cried the woman.
-Yes...
The young girl took off her shoes and headed for the stairs, which she climbed. Then, she pushed the door of the room she occupied, the latter not being decorated. Then she changed before dropping into bed.

The doorknob opened on Yosuke.
- What are you doing here... Tried to yell at his sister, head in the cushion.
-Hug ! Launched the little boy.
The little girl straightened up and held out her arms to her brother, who approached her.
After a moment of silence, Kyoka started crying.
-...Say... Yosuke... Do you think I should have told the boy who came to see me? Or did I do well...
The brown haired boy stared at his crying sister. He brought his hands to the eyes of the medium-length brunette hair and wiped away the tears.
-Eyes... Eyes! He said at the same time to wipe them. Do you have a boo somewhere?
Surprised, Kyoka let out a slight smile while shaking her head. Yosuke let out a big innocent smile. He was lucky that he didn't really realize the situation, that he would never see his real parents again.

The next day arrived. The little girl was in the same position as the day before, on her table, in class.
The same dark haired boy approached shyly and hesitantly. He looked around, uncomfortably.
-Uh... ...Sorry to bother you but... uh... My... My name is... Uh... My name is Fujiwara Akihiko! Delighted ! He introduced himself.
Her friend raised her head.
-Akihiko? I'm... Enoshiya Kyoka...
-I... can I just call you Kyoka...?
-If you want...
-T... Thank you! How would you like to be my... my friend?
Kyoka was surprised and a little lost. She didn't understand why she was asking her. But to be honest, she was not against it.
-Why not, but why?
-Um... In fact... Um... I... I always see you alone and... Always sad... So I thought that...

Akihiko stared at his feet, his face flushed. He had never had any friends, telling almost no one about his shyness. He had already talked to people, because they had gone to him, but he had never gone to people.
Kyoka was the opposite. She had always been able to approach people, not being shy in any way. She often talked with people and played with them. But like the young boy, she had never had any friends. She never stayed very long with one particular person, especially if she didn't like the games.

-Asahi-oji-san, I'm leaving!
Two months had passed since the two children had become friends. They often saw each other outside of school to have fun.
-Onee-chan! Called Yosuke heading towards his sister.
He handed her a sheet with lots of lines of all colors.
- For your boyfriend! He said with a big proud smile.
-I'm going to give it to him... She said stroking her brother's head.
Asahi approached the entrance, where her adopted daughter was putting on her shoes, before leaving. He looked at her with a soft smile, happy that she found her joy again thanks to her classmate, before inviting Yosuke to follow him.'

"Yoko" was awakened by the voice of the teacher, Kobayashi. She hadn't understood what she had said to her, but she had heard his false name.
Raising her head, she rubbed her eyes and noticed that they were wet. She had apparently been crying in her sleep.

- Avoid sleeping in class, okay? Warned Kobayashi.
-S... Sorry... Apologized the kid with the glasses.
-Everything is fine ? The woman asked, noticing her student's watery eyes.
-Y... Yes... It's nothing...
-If you need to talk, don't hesitate to come and see me. She told her before walking away.

She looked around before wiping away her tears and calling out to Mitsuhiko hesitantly.
-Uh... M... Mitsuhiko-kun... Did I miss something while I... was sleeping?
-Eh ? No, she arrived about two minutes ago. But... are you sure you're okay...?
-...Just a bad dream...

She stared outward, unconsciously staring at the sky.
When she thought about it, it was true that the children looked like Akihiko. Both Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Conan looked worried about her, asking her why she looked sad, looking like they wished she would talk.

She sighed before staring at the painting. She didn't write anything, already knowing the program.