Chapter 45 - It should be like this

Yoko was beginning to fall asleep on the couch at Agasa's. She had spent her evening there, and now it was getting late. She had had time to eat what she had prepared for everyone.
   -He's late... She sighed.
   -Don't worry, he's a policeman, he must certainly be on a case. Agasa reassured her.
   -I know...
   She couldn't suppress a yawn. Boredom and fatigue took over.

   It happened that the policeman finished late, so that his roommate was already asleep when he returned. But she could sleep, since she had her room.
   Currently, this was not possible. She wasn't home and she was waiting for someone.

   Someone finally rings the doorbell.
   -Ah! Here he is finally...
   Immediately, the girl stood up while yawning and stretching. She walked over to the kitchen counter and grabbed a tupperware containing the meal she had prepared. She went to the door and put on her boots before opening it.
   -Yo! Jinpei greeted with a yawn.
   -I was wondering if I was going to have to spend the night here. Said Yoko in a slightly mocking tone.
   The man pouted, noticing the intonation. She was tired and he had arrived late, of course, but that was no reason to say that. He would have texted her if that was the case.

   He looked up when he saw Agasa arrive.
   -Good evening. Greeted the owner of the house.
   - Oh, thank you for taking care of her. I hope she wasn't too boring.
   The girl with the glasses stared at her tutor before puffing out her cheeks. He must have said that in revenge for the mocking tone used earlier.

   The old man chuckled lightly.
   -Don't worry about that. She comes when she wants.
   -Thank you. Replied the concerned with a smile.
  She nodded to Agasa before joining the car accompanied by Jinpei.

   Once inside, the man started the vehicle and drove away from where he had parked.
   -Otherwise, do you think that going to the old man's house every evening would be fine? He finally asks.
   Yoko sighed, leaning on the window.
   -It doesn't seem to bother him... It's just that it's going to make me weird... I've managed to get into the habit of going home alone...
   Jinpei just yawned.
   -You'll quickly get used to it, don't worry. And you can always go home alone if you think you won't be followed... He said.

   If she thought she was no longer followed? To think so was a good thing, but the reality had to be quite different. She didn't want to know right now. She was absolutely not reassured, but it was only for the moment, since the events were recent.

   A silence fell before the girl with glasses put the tupperware on the dashboard of the car.
   -It's your meal for tonight, I saved you a slice. She announced, yawning with fatigue.
   - You didn't have to...
   -You would be quite capable of not eating... I think...
   Without realizing it, Yoko was beginning to fall asleep. Fatigue took over completely. She had resisted all day, so now she could sleep.
   Seeing this, the policeman sighed. He was going to have to carry her if she didn't wake up. Afterwards, he suspected that she must not have slept much with the events of the previous day.

   Jinpei carried Yoko to her room, before closing the door. He reheated his meal and sat down at the table, alone. He began to eat while thinking. He couldn't help worrying about his roommate. And as a policeman, he couldn't let anything happen to her.
   Well, so far nothing had happened to her. She had acted pretty well the second time she felt followed, and what the policeman had found with was a pretty good idea. If she was never alone, maybe that would dissuade the person from approaching her.

   To be seen in the future, but for the moment there was no more reason to worry.
   The policeman yawned and finished his meal. Then he went to sleep. He too was tired from his day and deserved a rest.

   The next day came rather quickly, after a good night's sleep. Yoko still felt tired, but it was much less worse than the day before.

   The latter was walking towards Agasa with Ai. It was the second time she had gone there, and Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko had decided not to go play video games at the professor's house tonight. Or at least they couldn't, apparently having things to do. Conan, when to him, had already returned. The two girls were now alone.
   The silence between the two girls was rather heavy. The brunette didn't know what to say while the redhead didn't seem to have anything to say. The kid with the glasses wasn't used to being alone with her classmate. Already, the day before, when everyone were gone, they had hardly said anything of the evening.

   -... If not, would you like me to cook again tonight? Ends up proposing Yoko, looking all around her.
   -If you wish, but you don't have to.
   Ai replied with a shrug, showing that it didn't matter to her.
   - In this case I will take care of the meal every time I come, so it will be my way of thanking you...

   There was a new silence, before it was the redhead who this time decided to speak.
   -If not, do you really think that coming to my house can help you? If you felt followed on your way home, this person could also follow you here...
   -Uh...
   The young girl with tied hair had not thought so. As long as she wasn't alone, for her, it was fine. But, at Agasa, nothing could happen to her, right? The man was often in his house, and if he didn't see the girls coming back, he would be worried, a priori.
   -It's... It's just to try for the moment... If something goes wrong, I'll find another solution... As long as it doesn't put you in danger... She told her with a smile.