A Little Bit of Romeo and Juliet

The week seemed to carry on at a normal pace; I attended school each day, went to Greenmore after and then practiced basic magic at home. My parents were even at home more too, my mom was healing well although she seemed a little on edge currently. But she had even begun helping me with my independent magic studies, despite her not being a witch... she did grow up with her mother practicing magic - she was a descendent of Cressida too after all.

  It was really strange to be honest, my whole life my parents and I had always had a slightly rocky relationship. I was always so angry with them for making me move, for making me have to start my life over and over and over again. And then we moved here, and I learned this life changing secret that I thought had ruined my life.

  I had spent so long holding grudges against them, spent so long disliking them for stupid reasons. But then my mother got possessed - a strange form of magnet I suppose, but it still managed to bring the Wolfe family closer then ever. I finally had my parents back and there for me all the time, and for the first time in my life... despite the other circumstances - I couldn't be happier.

  "Mom," I had asked Sunday morning at breakfast. "Can I ask you a question?"

  We were all situated in our large and traditional kitchen, similar to the first official day I had in Luna Falls.

  My mother was seated at the table with me, coffee cup by her side with her eyes focused on the Luna Daily Gazette. Whilst my father was situated at the stove making his famous blueberry pancakes.

  "Of course," My mom smiled, her amber eyes - so identical to mine twinkling. "What is it?"

  "Growing up," I began. "Did you... did you know? About your mom I mean, about our family?"

  "I was born sweetie, in Luna Falls Memorial Hospital." She explained to me, brushing a strand of her honey blonde hair out of her eyes. "Luna Falls believe it or not is my hometown. Growing up, I had always known something was weird with my family and the town. Something just didn't add up, my mother was acting strange.... my best friend at the time Navid Shiraz, he disappeared every full moon. I was never told straight up about our family's magic, but I felt deep on in my heart and gut that I always knew. Unfortunately my mind, always the logical one would constantly deny. It wasn't until I turned fourteen, and my mother made me move - from this house, to a whole different state and all because we heard of the Witch Hunters Brotherhood was coming into town. I remember feeling so betrayed, hurt that my mother had never told me. But overtime I realized, when I had you in fact... the only reason she didn't tell me was out of fear. For some strange reason the magic in our family skipped a generation and since I had never experienced magic first hand, my mother never found the correct way to tell me."

  My eyes were glued to the oakwood table as she spoke, I was taking in every word and processing it with each second that passed. And yet, I still couldn't find the nerve to look up at her.

  I felt as though my life were one ginormous puzzle, and with each discovery of myself and the people in it... a new piece connected. Slowly but surely, I was beginning to piece my life together again. I no longer felt broken like I did, instead I felt stronger, powerful even. But there was still the burning questions buried deep within my mind that I was dying to have answered.

  "I just - I don't understand something," I sighed. "You said you were angry at your mother for not telling you after all those years about your family. Yet, you did the same thing with me - an addition of three years in fact since I'm seventeen and not fourteen. So I just... I don't understand, why did you hide something so big from me - knowing my reaction would pretty much be the same?"