The Original

*The name Qetsiyah is pronounced ket-see-ya*

_______

That night as I laid awake in bed I was reading through some of the spell books Rowena had given me. Doing as she asked, with attempting three different spells every night.

So far I had accomplished a fire charm, water, freezing, and a wind spell over the course of the last few days. But I knew that those were way easy so I was on the search for something a little more complex. But as I was flipping through the spell book, something on my desk caught my eye.

Last week when Cedric had first brought me to his house and showed me the historic library - not the hidden one. I had forgotten that he too had given me a fair share of books to look through and in nearly a week since I've had them - they've been sitting on my desk untouched.

So, I stood up and crept across my room to where my desk sat and looked at each of the books. They really all looked the same, the old and withered leather decorated it under a fine layer of dust with the front saying something in Latin that I couldn't read. 

Ancient.

However I noticed that scribbled onto the next page were the titles translated to English and one book in particular caught my attention.

'Famous Figures in Supernatural History'

I didn't know what made me grab the book and bring it back to my bed to read. Perhaps my curiosity, like so many times before had gotten the best of me. Or maybe I was just interested to see if the infamous Cressida was in here. But when I flipped to the Table of Contents it wasn't Cressida's name that caught me but instead -

Markus Black

The name was spelled differently, just one letter off but that didn't matter to me. Was it Marcus? The Marcus Black that I knew and hated? The man hidden behind such an intense mystery veil? Was this my chance to finally know Marcus Black?

Or should I saw Markus - with a K.

I flipped to his page, 394 and was greeted by a picture. It was him alright, Marcus Black was staring back at me with the same cold, emotionless expression he always had. Except instead of his short buzz cut his hair fell down to his shoulders making me guess this photo was old.

At first I wondered if I should even read it, wasn't this some kind of invasion of privacy? And how pathetic was it that I had to research Marcus when I already knew him? But then again, did I really even know him? The man - like I said - had so much mystery to him, I would never really know him unless I read this would I? Hell, I didn't even know what kind of Supernatural he was!

This went on for another five minutes, me silently debating with myself whether or not to read it before finally - I looked back down at the book and read.

'Markus Black was born over one thousand years ago during the Bronze Age of our world. He is known to be one of the oldest immortals in the Supernatural World. Black was born into a Magic bloodline from the witch Qetsiyah therefore had the magic of a, what we used to call Warlock.

At the age of twenty three, Marcus was shown to have fallen ill with what appeared to be a terminal illness. Desperate for an attempt to save her son, Qetsiyah practiced a special kind of magic, that remains unknown as the secret had died with her. But was believed to be a mix of black, ancestral, and expressional magic - the three most powerful and dangerous kinds of magic.

She then proceeded to give Marcus some of her own blood, thinking that would save him. Thus, with the mix of so much power and blood created the first ever Vampire.