Answers

There were very few things on this planet that have the ability to leave me completely and utterly speechless. For example when I was living in Portland, Oregon which was the move before Baltimore - my one and only friend Ashton told me before I moved that he was apparently 'in love' with me and begged me not to leave. Obviously I was speechless then - I mean, I was only 16, but I left and got over it. 

I was speechless when my mom told me she was pregnant 3 different times and then proceeded to tell me she had a miscarriage 3 different times. 

Those were the only two occurence's in my life where I have found myself speechless, until now. 

I laid awake that night, staring at the ceiling above me praying for sleep to consume me but I knew it was going to be impossible. How could I sleep? 

Hearing from your parents that you're a witch just does that to a person I guess. 

Witches weren't real, their meant to be a fantasy - something you read in books or see in movies. They can't be real. And yet here I was, hours after my parents finally spilled the information that would from that moment would alter my life completely. 

After they told me, there was some denial - okay more then some but denial nontheless and then there was some screaming. I yelled some pretty hateful things at them, accused them of lying then screamed at them from keeping this from me. 

They just sat there, silently no other expression on their faces as they nodded their heads almost like they understood. I then proceeded on storming up to my room, locking the door and have been up here ever since 4 o'clock. 

It's now nearly midnight and I am starving. 

I figured my parents by now were asleep, so it would probably be safe enough to go and eat - besides I was all angered out by now, way to tired to want to scream. 

So I stood up and quietly left my room to head down to the kitchen. Sure enough the house was quiet, with both my parents most likely asleep seeing as their door was closed and I could hear my dad's snoring on the other side. 

When I reached the first floor and entered the kitchen I poured myself a bowl of cereal and silently ate contemplating the day. 

How is it possible that I woke up today, my only problem being senior year and now... here I was. A freaking witch. 

"Your awake," My mother's voice said, making me jump as she switched the light to the kitchen on. I turned my head to look at her in surprise to see her dressed in her satin pyjamas with her house coat wrapped around her tiny body. 

Her eyes were swollen, like she had been crying and dark circles hung beneath them showing her tiredness. 

"Yeah," I nodded as she moved to sit across from me at the table. "You are too." 

"I don't know how on earth your father can sleep," She said with a shake of her head. "It's ridiculous." 

"Mmm hmm," I grumbled shoving a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. 

"Look Bella." My mother sighed, running a hand through her knotted hair. "I know we were wrong to keep this from you but... please, I'll answer any questions you have." 

"Fine," I said setting my spoon down on the table. "So, now that I know that this supernatural crap is all real... does that mean, that vampires are real too? Werewolves? What else?" 

"Yes vampires are real," My mother nodded. "Werewolves too, although they're quite rare now - faeries also, although most people throw them in with witches they more so occupy themselves in fortune telling or as a wind spirit. It's all very difficult to explain darling."