Spirit Magic

For the rest of that day, I remained there at Greenmore Mansion. My dad arrived about an hour after Lena completed my mother's recovery spell and he had been waiting in one of the guest rooms, where we put my mother, waiting for her to wake up.

  As for me, I had been absentmindedly reading over a few spell books and trying to perfect some of the spells I already knew. Rowena and Emmett kept trying to get me to talk to them but I brushed them off, I wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.

  But anyways, I wasted the hours away reading and rereading spells and ignoring my friends before finally I could hear footsteps approaching me and when I looked up, I saw my dad looming over me.

  "So uh, your moms awake." He told me, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

  He looked so different then how he normally did. Typically my dad was always dressed in jeans, a button up, and sometimes a tie when he was working or meeting someone important. His hair was always combed perfectly, and he typically had the same goofy smile on his face.

  But seeing him now was like seeing a completely different person. His tie was loose, his hair messy, his button up shirt was uneven with the buttons, and his smile was nonexistent.

  "Is she okay?" I asked sitting up straighter and tossing my book to the side. "Does she remember anything?"

  My dad shook his head as he took a seat beside me "No, nothing,"

  "I was so scared this morning," I admitted, looking at him. "I - I didn't know what to do I -"

  "Bella," My dad interrupted looking at me with his intense eyes. "Bells what you did was good, you were better then me, I wasn't even there. I kept on running it through my head all day, what if she hadn't of wandered into your room and you hadn't have seen her? I wasn't there, if I was I would have heard her get out bed and I could have done something immediately. But I wasn't, and I keep on thinking how close your mother was to death today."

  "Daddy," I said quietly, tears beginning to stream down my face. "These people aren't just after me - they're after everyone that I love and... and it's my fault." I cried. "I don't think I can do this, it's so hard and - and mom almost died because of me!"

  "Aw Bella," My dad sighed, pulling me in for a hug. "Let's get one thing straight this is not your fault, none of this is. And you are by far the most strongest person I have ever met. You have the most incredible gift anyone can ever dream of having Bells. And yes, there are some enemies out there but there is not a doubt in my mind that you are going to defeat them and you know why?" He paused, so I could shake my head before he continued. "Because, not only are you the descendent of one of the most powerful witches in history... but your also the daughter of Adelaide Marie Wolfe. One of two, of my favourite people and one of two of the strongest women I know. We're going to get through this Bells okay? I promise you. And me and your mother are going to be by your side through it all understand?"

  I finally pulled away from the hug and offered my dad a soft smile. "Dad... I know I don't say this enough but I really love you and mom."

  In return my father's goofy old smile finally returned to his tanned face as he wiped a stray tear off my face. "I know you do kiddo, and we love you about one hundred times more."

  "Not possible," I laughed before pulling him into another hug, quicker this time, but just as therapeutic.

  "So, your friend Rowena told me we were welcome to stay here tonight, since they have so many guest bedrooms and I told her we'd do so - just as a precaution. Are you okay with that?"