Sun and Moon

By the time three o'clock finally rolled around, I was both physically and emotionally exhausted. I forgot how incredibly boring algebra was and how much being around normal people bugged me.

I mean seriously, I heard this one girl complain that her boyfriend cheated on her three times and she's still staying with him. Like seriously - what kind of problem is that? That's just stupidity! My problem is a legitimate life threatening situation.

Okay Bella, time to stop mid-rant.

But my mind ever since first period had seemed to be in a whole other dimension and I felt like my teachers - who clearly didn't like me due to my lack of attendance - noticed.

All day my head was deep in the forest, thinking about the library of mausoleums, as well as Marcus and Lena. I was scared, no more then scared I was petrified to have to go back there. But I knew that this was just something I needed to do, life was full of tough choices and... okay I'm starting to sound like a motivational speaker.

Not my point.

Rowena had told me that once school was done, to wait around the back so Marcus could easily pick me up. So, when three o'clock rolled around and that final bell rang I quickly packed up my stuff before hurrying towards the back parking lot where sure enough, there was Marcus's Cruella De Vil like car waiting for me.

That was another thing that I felt worried about, out of all the people staying at Greenmore, I felt that Lena and Marcus liked me the least. Marcus was just a hard-ass with an ego the size of Texas, and Lena was well... Lena, she had her reasons.

At least when we were driving together to New Orleans and with the three of us in complete silence it somewhat seemed to ease the everlasting tension. I mean, it didn't really abolish rigid awkwardness of the whole situation but... at least he was a somewhat friendly face.

"So, do you wanna tell me why we're doing this?" I chirped once I hopped into the back seat. "You're not luring me into the woods to murder me right? Because you never know with you two..."

"Very funny," Marcus replied rigidly.

"Oh I know," I teased, bobbing my head in an exaggerated nod. "I'm just hilarious - but seriously, why do we have to venture off into the woods? I read the forecast and it says it's going to rain."

"Well maybe if your all chipper and happy the sun will stay out," Lena finally spoke up, breaking her silence on the matter from the passenger seat. "You do realize you have somewhat of a control on that right?"

I could hear Marcus from the drivers seat heave a rather heavy sigh as he began to drive, like being here and driving was just so much of a chore. "If you two start bickering again, I'm pulling over and making you both walk." 

"And then if you do that, I can do a little handy freezing spell and stop your car from driving." Lena clipped with a sarcastic smile spreading across her pale face. "So you'd just be stuck with us - an for a longer period of time."

"Yeah and it kind of defeats the whole purpose," I nodded. "But you know - if you're really so intent on spending an hour walking with Lena and I it's your call. We can be such a hoot."

I could hear Lena release a tiny giggle which of course caused a laugh out of me. But I didn't care if my godawful snort was loud enough for all to hear, for once I didn't mind.

"But seriously Marcus," Lena piped. "You haven't even told me, are we just going to the Mausoleums to practice some spirit magic? Come on, what are we doing?"

I could feel the tension in the air build up as both Lena and I awaited Marcus's answer. I knew that Marcus visited the Mausoleums's every day, just to measure the distance from how much the sun and moon on the marble had moved. But the whole thing was just weird. I didn't want to be near some witch graveyard, even if witches had some kind of weird attachment to dead ancestors didn't mean I wanted to go to a place right on top of a catacomb where they were all buried.