Ignis Pila

The next day I was finally back at school, although I couldn't really call that exciting. When Cedric had arrived to pick me up that morning I had expected either Marcus or Rowena to pop up and say that they're stealing me for the day for lessons. Only that didn't happen and I really did arrive at the school and have to go to classes.

  I was also about ninety percent sure all my teachers hated me, mainly because it's the second week of school and I've already missed three days... not my finest.

  Anyways the first four periods were fairly bearable, I had Cedric, Rowena, Emmett, and Lena in it so it wasn't truly horrible especially because we all sat together in a little group at the back corner. Yes we were those kids, but I didn't really care - I was just happy to actually have a group of almost-friends.

  While History was bearable with our little occult group, I had to suffer through Calculous by myself which was horrible, then after Calc it was French which had Rowena and Cedric in and I had all four of them for Biology.

  Anyways, enough of the boring school talk.

  At lunch we gathered at our regular table, me squished between Rowena and Cedric as per usual as we listened to Emmett talking about a coven of witches that was run out of New England a couple days ago.

  "Do you think it was The Brotherhood?" I asked him after he finished. "New England's close to Salem right? We all know Salem has it's fair share of Witches."

  "Not necessarily," Rowena spoke up. "Salem had a wide population of the W word's in the 1800's. After the trials they were kind of drawn away from the city because their covers as Mundanes were too risky. Most of them vacated down South to where we are, or returned to Europe where most of them are from."

  "The coven in New England was just a normal sized coven, when some witches migrated from Europe to here a lot of them landed in the North-East. After the trials about ninety percent of the population travelled down here, where about a tenth were brave enough to remain. New England is a favourable place for witches and other occults because of it's Colonial past and rich history which as we all know Supernatural's like because it has a higher power of Ancestral Magic. Which is why The Brotherhood pays extra close attention to places like that." Emmett explained.

  "So this is a Brotherhood incident?" I questioned further.

  Emmett shrugged his shoulders before moving to grab his water bottle. "Most likely, but it's nothing to worry about. One minute they'll be in New England the next in Brazil - we have time."

  I nodded my head, trying to take his words in all at once. I was slowly beginning to understand Emmett the more I got to know him. He was a very quiet and reserved person but extremely intelligent. Almost like Sheldon Cooper - except minus the crazy.

 He seemed to be the closest with Rowena, treating her like a little sister of sorts which I thought was really cool. They didn't act all buddy buddy all the time but it was just like they got each other. Does that make sense? Or with Lena, who I continually saw him sneaking glances his way - it made sense of course, cliched beyond belief. Emmett was the slightly dorky but attractive guy with the unrequited school boy crush on Lena the beautiful, tall, blonde.

  "Can we please stop talking about depressing topics like this?" Lena - speak of the devil - sighed ripping through my thoughts to pull me back into reality. "Honestly, Em your turning into such a Debbie downer."

  "I'm not trying to be," Emmett shrugged looking at her, again. "I'm just trying to be reasonable here. Ro and I went to the marble eclipse thing in the woods yesterday while everyone else went to New Orleans. The moon and sun are only a metre away from each other now, maybe less. I think... I think The Brotherhood is approaching us faster and faster. My theory is that the Prophecy is going to finally unfold in a month - maybe less."