Hesper Fever

By Friday I was both physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted - which was saying a lot because usually with my excessive amount of coffee drinking I was never tired. But I guess 3 hour magic training two days in a row with the addition of Cedric quizzing me about stupid witch history on our rides to and from school really did take it's toll on me. 

Plus the massive amount of exhaustion also seemed to come from having the absolute crap scared out of me from Marcus. 

The guy was like the terminator, emotionless and terrifying. In the past two days that I had known him he managed to make me genuinely petrified in his presence. And what's worse was that I was not learning one damn thing that was actually worth learning that is. 

It's like when your watching the last Harry Potter movie and Ron and Hermione are trying to kill Nagini . They have their wands with them in their back pocket that they can wipe our anything they want and yet in a defence mechanism they throw a freaking rock at it instead. Well, Marcus was teaching me self defense as if I couldn't use magic to defend myself instead. 

Ridiculous right? 

Anyways, that stupid dinner party was tomorrow night and it seemed to be the only thing Rowena could talk about. Remember how I said she was like a glass half full type of person? Yeah well I soon discovered that was both a blessing and a curse. 

"I mean, at least the food is usually really good at the parties." She was telling us Friday at lunch, "I mean - it's about a million times better then cafeteria food at least." 

Cedric was doing his math homework as she spoke; not even bothering to hide the fact that he wasn't listening, Emmett was reading his book but he looked up every few minutes bobbing his head along to what she was saying to show he was semi-listening. As for Lena she was busy filing her nails, blinking every so often to not-so-subtly change the colour of the polish with magic. In the last half hour I had watched the colour go from pink, to blue, to purple, to green, to black and yet it seemed I was only one who noticed. 

Why couldn't I do that? Why was I not allowed to learn something as simple as changing my own freaking nail polish? 

"So Bella," Rowena chirped again, ripping through my envious thoughts to pull me back to this dreadful reality. "Lena and I are going to go shopping tonight - just for our outfits tomorrow night - did you wanna come?" 

"Oh great," Lena mumbled, finally tuning into the conversation and trading her nail file for a compact and lipstick tube to reapply. "Won't that be a hoot." 

"Ignore her sarcasm," Rowena said rolling her emerald green eyes at her friend. "It'll be fun! Come on shopping with a fairy and fellow witch? What could be more fun?" 

"I could think of several things..." Cedric said with a smirk. 

In return Rowena grabbed a cucumber slice off her plate and threw it at his head in an attempt to hit him which ultimately failed when Cedric used his vampire speed and swooped down catching the cucumber in his mouth. 

"Nice try," He smirked. 

"Alright that's two people I'm now ignoring," Rowena sighed turning back to me. "But c'mon, please come!" 

"Alright fine," I laughed, caving in. "I'll come but I have a condition - do not trick me into wearing Lena-ified heels. I'll trip and fall on my face for sure," 

"Sounds tempting," Lena sneered. "But you wouldn't even be able to pull off my 'Lena-ified' heels anyways and as I'd just love to see you trip and fall - that's two seconds of my life I'd never get back."