The Great Possession

The rain was pounding hard, wind whipping through the hair with enough force to knock you off your feet. The sky was dark, the air was cold... it was a nightmare.

  I could hear them screaming my name as I stared up at the sky, it was so beautiful. Dark blue, brilliant stars scattering the night sky and a wide and bright moon a colour so unusual... it was almost orange.

  "BELLA!" A girls voice cried, the wind carrying it in every direction. "Bella, please are you alright?"

  I wasn't alright... I couldn't move, every part of me felt numb - like I was paralyzed.

  The gun shots in the background were getting closer and closer and tears filled my eyes as I began counting down the moments of what would be the last of my life.

  Was this the end? Was this how I was going to die?

  'BELLA!" Another voice yelled this time a male. "WHERE ARE YOU? FIGHT THEM BELLA!"

  I wanted to scream, I wanted to fight so bad but I couldn't... it was over.

  That's when the final gun shot hit.

  I jolted awake suddenly, my eyes snapping open only to be blinded by the sun as my mother opened my curtains.

  "Mom?" I asked groggily, rubbing my tired eyes. "What are you doing?"

  "You never let enough light in this room," She said tiredly walking to the next window and stripping the curtains open. "You should let light in here more."

  "What?" I asked softly starting to get out of bed. "Mom, what are you doing?"

  "The sun Bella, don't you see it?" Mother wondered.

  Her back was turned to me now and with her arms hanging limply to the side she looked like she was almost in a trance.

  "Mom..." I said slowly moving towards her with caution. "Mom what's going on?"

  "They're coming Annabelle," She said slowly, using my full name that no one ever used. "And they're looking for blood - "

  "Mom!" I cried, at that moment my hand rested on her shoulder as I was about to turn her around to face me. But the minute my hand landed on her skin, her whole body jumped and she spun around to to look at me.

  "Bella?" She asked, her voice was back to normal now and her face showed one of pure puzzlement. "What am I doing in here?"

 Just standing in the same room with her right now was enough to make a body go rigid in fear. What was happening?

  "You mean... you don't remember?" I asked slowly.

  "How did I get in your room?" She asked me looking around in confusion. "What time is it anyways?"

  "Oh my god..." I whispered as tears began to fill my eyes. I ignored my mom as I raced across my room to grab my phone. I needed help, this was so far out of my league here! It was like my mom was possessed.

  Immediately, I dialled Cedric's number and after only two rings I heard him pick up.

  "Bella?" I heard him ask. "What's going on it's not even 6 in the morning yet."

  "I need your help," I say quickly as my mom stumbles back to my bed, still in a bit of a daze. "Somethings going on with my mom Cedric and I don't - I don't know what to do please help me."

  "Okay I will," I hear him say. I could hear some movement on his side of the line before the sound of a door slamming shut and the sound of an engine starting up, filling my ears. "I'll be at your house in five minutes," Then the line went dead.