An Upper Hand

*Contest details in authors note!!*

There were a million thoughts racing through my mind when I finally realized who Lena Beckham truly was. A million questions, a million theories, and a million things that I needed to talk to someone about; only who could I talk to?

Clearly they wanted to keep this a secret from me for god knows why, so that pretty much ruled out Cedric, Rowena, Emmett, Marcus, and the she-devil herself - although I really doubted I would actually talk to Marcus or Lena about anything, they scared me too much.

But anyways, I was still laying in my bed having it now been at least ten minutes since I had woken up and made this revelation, and I knew that any minute now someone would be coming into my room checking to see if I was awake from this so called 'Hesper Fever.'

So... what was I supposed to do? Was I just supposed to let on like I knew nothing - was I supposed to just act as if I hadn't just learned this life changing information? I mean, not to toot my own horn or anything, I was a good actress but not this good.

Unfortunately, before I managed to come up with a decision I could hear hushed voices approaching from down the hall and with sound of my doorknob turning before it burst open to reveal the famous foursome.

"Oh your up," Rowena chirped once she noticed me sitting up in my bed, my eyes wide awake.

As always the quartet looked like they had just stepped out from off the runway, it was beginning to bug me how they looked like freaking Abercrombie models all the time. Even Emmett, who pretty much had the whole Stiles Stilinski vibe to him - perfect nerd, looked ridiculously gorgeous. And yet here I was, my hair damp with sweat, my eyes puffy and bloodshot from all the crying and my throat feeling like it was bleeding from all the screaming.

Not fair.

"Just barely," I said forcing a weak smile onto my face. "What time is it anyways? How long was I asleep?"

"Just a few hours, it's 6 o'clock right now so I guess six hours." Emmett replied, strolling into the room and taking a seat on one of the armchairs opposite my bed.

As the others filed into the room, Cedric joining Emmett on the other armchair, Rowena plopping down on the foot of my bed and Lena - although hesitant at first joined them in entering my bedroom, walking over and sitting on the arm of Cedric's chair.

I couldn't help but stare at her, how could this girl - the girl who had not-so-subtly shown her abundant hatred for me - be the one person on this planet that I'm supposed to be connected to? And we were both related too, both being descendent's from Cressida it basically made us cousins... weird much?

"So anyways," Cedric said his stormy grey eyes captured on my face. "How are you feeling, are you okay?"

"I feel fine," I shrugged. "I mean - my head kind of hurts but that's really it." I could see all four of them staring at me with wide eyes and for a minute I was seriously confused but then I remembered, that I would probably be asking them what the hell was wrong with me if I hadn't overheard Cedric and Lena in my sleep.

"So...." I said slowly, in an attempt to ease the tension. "What uh - what happened to me?"

I saw Rowena heave what seemed to be a relieved sigh as she grinned at me. "Just your usual witch flu, they call it The Fever - whenever a witch begins to use magic her body tries to keep up with the supernatural change but it can't because the magic that's beginning to run through your veins pulses a whole lot and... whatever. So after a few days, between three to ten your body just sort of collapses - your powers get out of control and you can't do anything to stop it. It sucks and it's horrible... but you got through it."