Marcus

'The Witch population of Louisiana dates back to the 16th century when European settlers first arrived, bringing their magic with them to our beloved state. Witches are believed to be the first Supernatural being to live on our planet, followed by vampires, werewolves, and faeries. The most notable witch to live in Louisiana was Cressida in 1813 - '

"That damn Cressida," I whispered to myself, as I stopped reading. "Bitch is everywhere." 

It was nearly nine o'clock in the morning now, and after spending the remainder of my day and night yesterday reading every book Cedric had given me which pretty much lessened my sleep time. You could say, I was just a little exhausted. 

Okay, more like a lot. 

And what was worse was that Cedric had made some messed up deal with my parents that pretty much made it so I could never have one freaking minute of privacy. Cedric Kaspar was now my ride to and from school, Rowena had done something to the class schedules so I either had Cedric, Emmett, Rowena, or Lena in every one of my classes. Then after school I would be taken to Greenmore to train - every day - until five. 

Oh how drastically my life had changed from 48 hours ago. 

But the sound of a car horn beeping outside pulled me from my inner thoughts of my now daily itinerary. I set down the book onto the island counter, grabbed my school bag and hurried out of the house and to Cedric's car. 

My parents were already gone by the time I woke up too, I was beginning to feel less angry with them and more... sad. I didn't know if I had done something to them - if I had disappointed or angered them in any way but either way, there was something wrong. 

"What's with the scowl princess?" Cedric asked once I had climbed into the car. "Not usually the reaction I get when I'm alone with a girl." 

"First, gross," I said glaring at him. "Second I read those books all last night and this morning after I woke up from about a five hour sleep. And I tried to do some magic but nothing, I don't get it, why can't I do magic?" 

"Well seeing as the first time you did magic knowingly was yesterday and you were on Greenmore grounds the power from Ancestral Magic did most of the work. You aren't strong enough yet to do magic at the drop of the hat, that's why we're training you." 

"Well it's stupid," I grumbled slumping down in my seat. "What's the point of being a witch if you can't produce magic at will?" 

We proceeded to drive in silence for a few minutes, my amber eyes glued to the road ahead of me as Cedric turned the car onto different streets every few minutes making us closer and closer to the school. But I still had one burning question on my mind regarding magic; 

"Who am I training with tonight? Will it be with Lena? She's supposed to be the one teaching me how to actually do magic right?" 

"Yes, she's teaching you how to do spells and magic, but no you're going to be training with Rowena and maybe Marcus if he ever comes out of hiding and decides your worthy of his presence - he's very strict about things like that." He told me rolling his eyes.

We finally pulled into a parking space in the school's parking lot and the minute Cedric came to a full stop with the car, he hopped out and walked around to open my door as well. 

"Such a gentleman," I said sarcastically after hopping out. "So what's the deal with questions that I can ask in public? Do I have to whisper because right now I have about a million going through my head about you and your er... nature." 

"Just be careful with what you ask, but yes whispering your questions will be fine." Cedric nodded as we walked.

I grinned happily at his answer, the whole vampire thing was really confusing me. I had always figured that if vampires were real the whole Dracula story would be the most reliable over say Edward Cullen or the Salvatore brothers. But the more I had thought about it last night, Cedric couldn't exactly turn into a bat, he couldn't defy gravity... so what could he do?