Lena's Story

Thumbs up for an extra update! Check below for an updated updating schedule :)

The next few hours past by fine, we spent about two in a tiny, cute little cafe ordering coffee after coffee as we both silently oggled the very attractive barista. But when the second hour came to a close we realized we still had about three and a half hours to kill and sitting in a cafe staring at someone isn't exactly the most productive thing to do.

"So, what should we do now?" I asked after we had left the cafe, iced coffee's in hand as we trekked across the The French Quarter streets, stuck in the humid air of Louisiana. "I think I just drank enough coffee to keep me up until December, so I'm pretty much good for anything at this point."

"Want to go see one of the fortune tellers?" Lena suggested nodding her head to a side street where a series of small tents were set up, like at a fair. "There's the odd one who's a legit faerie but it's always entertaining to hear you'll be rich and famous and marry Leonardo Dicaprio."

"Sure," I laughed, bobbing my head in a nod. "I'd love to hear about my marriage to my dear Leo."

I followed Lena down the sidewalk, passing the infamous Bourbon Street where the soft sound of jazz was being carried out into the air, along with the amazing spell of gumbo and cajun. 

We turned down onto the street where the hundreds of little tents were set up, it was a fascinating looking street. Like Broadway was in New York, there wasn't really any cars driving down it, just people walking and stopping every so often at the different stands set up. It was almost like a little festival you have around October or August except it was just fortune tellers and other wannabe voodoo men and women.

"So how can you tell if someones an actual faerie here?" I asked as we walked, slipping through the dense crowds of street goers. "I mean, I can never tell when someone has something to do with magic."

"You can, you just haven't experienced it yet." Lena told me over her shoulder as she walked ahead of me. "Usually Supernaturals can feel a vibe about others. It sounds ridiculous - I know, but I remember when I first met Rowena, Emmett, and Marcus. Well, it was Marcus who I met first but I felt this weird aura of magic. I remember thinking it was just my powers going all whacko on me like a premature Fever but I just felt like I could trust him. I had to trust him, he took me here and when I met Rowena I remember her giving me that ridiculous contagious Rowena smile and she just said - 'Don't worry, you're secrets safe with me.'"

I finally stopped walking and hearing the sound of my shoes clicking stop, Lena spun around to face me with a look of puzzlement as to why I had stopped walking.

I allowed my eyes to narrow as I stared back at her, arms crossed over my chest as I calculated Lena to try and figure out just who exactly she was. 

"I don't get you," I began. "You speak of Rowena, Emmett, Cedric, and Marcus like they're your friends. Even now you're making it seem like we're friends. But whenever I see you around other people... it's like you have some internal switch and you just click off your kindness. I know your not a horrible person Lena, I'm not an idiot. So why do you treat me and everyone around you like we're Dung Beetles?"

Lena rolled her grey eyes at me and crossed her arms over her chest, just like she was clicking off that kindness switch once again.

"Let's get one thing straight here Bella," Lena sighed, as if it took so much effort to talk to me. "This is a day trip, and if we have to make this little outing believable to Marcus that we're now suddenly friends... I have to act nice. We are not - and never will be friends."