Secret's Reveiled

"You look nice tonight Bells," My father commented as we stepped out of our family Volvo that Saturday evening.

The ride over to the Kaspar's had been incredibly and horrifically awkward to say the least. I made my parents very aware of my whole "Not in the mood to talk," attitude and for awhile it worked - the car ride was silent, filled with only the hum of an old Queen CD playing softly in the background. But now that we had pulled up in from of the Kaspar's angelic mansion house, all silence had been abolished by this very comment. 

"Uh, thanks" I said resisting the urge to roll my eyes, "I got it awhile ago - the dress I mean." 

"Well it suits the night very well, keeps up with images that we need to keep in order to stay here." My mother told me.

Yeah, because that's just so important isn't it mom? 

For the evening, Rowena had finally decided - after a good three hours may I add - on a cream coloured dress that I had gotten while living in Baltimore. It was simple yet sweet which I figured was good enough for tonight. At this point however, I didn't really give two craps about what I was wearing - I was just trying to get through the evening. 

"You should go find Cedric or Rowena," My dad said as we entered into the busy Kaspar house, "Your mother and I have official, er... town business to attend to." 

"Town business as in talking about witches and vampires?" I guessed, probably speaking louder then I needed to. 

"Lower your voice," My mom hissed at me spinning me around to face her and my dad, obviously thinking the same as me. "Have they not taught you anything? You don't speak about that in public!" 

"Whatever," I grumbled, not having the effort inside of me to deal with them right now. "Go talk about me and the other Hesper to your little friends - at this point, I'm tired of caring." 

I didn't wait for them to respond, because once the last word left my mouth I was already walking away - disappearing through the crowd and away for them.

I was so angry, more anger then ever before was boiling all through my body. I didn't want to be anywhere near the duo who hid me from this magic world, I didn't want to be anywhere near them - let alone talk to them.  

"Well don't you look chipper," A voice said behind me as I was walking.

I recognized the voice immediately, I mean I don't know how I couldn't, in the past week he barely left me alone. 

"Hi Cedric," I sighed turning my head to face the curly blonde haired vampire. He had dressed up nicely for the occasion, with a white V-neck, black suit jacket with a pair of jeans - simple but classy, like me... in a more masculine way of course. 

"What's with you? "Come on, that Fever ended last night you don't feel it coming on again right?"

He chuckled glancing at me from the corner of his stormy grey eyes as we walked through the crowds of Luna Falls residents. It seemed like literally everyone in the town came. I mean - I hadn't really had the chance to walk around the town enough to actually recognize faces, but I kept on glancing around and spotting the odd teacher I knew, or a random face in my calculous class.

"Believe it or not I don't need to have The Fever to be in a bad mood," I snapped. "It's just been a bad day that's all." 

"Well come on and lighten up sweetheart," Cedric told me a smirk growing on his face. "This party may be undeniably horrible but you need to be less of a pessimist - come on, let me show you something."