50) Closure(s)

2 weeks later

London

Anands Point of View

*****

"Isha.....?"

My lips flexed into a smile as ishas eyes fell upon me.

"Anand?"her voice barely came out. She looked tired. And so much weak.

I sat on the chair besides the hospital bed. Isha stared at me quietly, to see if I'm really here.

"Hey......how are you doing?"I asked.

"Not dead yet"she said. I sighed and held her hand.

"You're gonna be okay. Trust me. You deserve so much better than this. I know how harsh your past was. Just hold on isha- life is gonna make everything easier for you one day"I said. I see a drop of tear rolling down her right eye.

"When did you come back?"she asked.

"Yesterday night"I said.

"What about vibha?"she asked.

"She's waiting outside. She wanted me to talk to you first"I said. Isha wet her lips and looked away from me.

"I owe her an apology. And I owe you a lot Anand. I tried to break your marriage for my selfishness. I don't know how to face life anymore. What I feared has happened. I'm just--alone"she said.

"You're not alone Isha. May be Vikranth and you had problems. That doesn't mean he didn't love you. He's ready to forgive you, for everything you've done and move on. You just have to forgive yourself first and be ready for new life with him"I said.

"Anand- you are great guy. You came here even after everything I have done to hurt you and vibha. You were nice to me. You were the only person who made me feel alive even if it was just for a short time. The moment i knew you meant something to me, things with Vikranth ended. I could never give him the love he deserved. I could never love him like I loved you. So it's time to let go. I don't want this anymore. I just want this pain to end"tears rolled down her eyes continuously.

"Isha- I know you've made up your mind. But- sometimes relationships are complicated. It is hard to maintain. You would have to give up a lot. A lot. But it will eventually make you this better person whom you never thought you would be. You have a long life ahead. You have an amazing job. People appreciate you in so many ways. And now- vikranth is ready to give you everything that he didn't knew you wanted all this long. Please. Give it one more chance"I squeezed her fingers. Isha turned her head back to me and looked at me without saying anything.

"I waited so long for things to fall back in circle. But then I realised it won't happen until we gather the strength to do so. A suicide wouldn't be the solution Isha. Don't give up no matter how hard life is. Because at the end, there will be someone, atleast one person who wanted you to be there"I continued. Isha listened to me silently.

"I left home now. My sister in law is sick back there. And my brother is doing everything he can to bring her back. And it breaks my heart to see both of them struggling within themselves. But you know what? They both put smiles on their faces. Pretending as if nothing had gone wrong. Because they didn't want each other to get tensed. Vadina doesn't know if she'll make it. Her only worry is for my Anna. And his only worry is loosing her. They're trying so hard to hold back one life which is too precious. If we loose her.....then all of our lives is just meaningless"I wiped the tear which rolled down my eye.

"Please Isha. You either run or you face life just like it is. If you run, you'll have to keep running forever"

Ishas lips curved into a smile, squeezing my fingers back and I know she had taken it. A sigh of relief left me. Then I smiled back.