49) Never Let Go

Vennelas Point of View

*****

So that's it? This is where it all had to end?

I'm staring at the divorce papers which jay is passing on to me. A part of me wants to rip and tear them apart. Another part of me tries to convince myself that hopefully this has happened for the best.

Yes the best.

I stick to the other part of me because it hurts less there. But it also stings like hell. My whole body is trembling as if I'm left in fire. It consumes me. Invades me. Leaves me in pain.

Again. There is pain.

My eyes are blurring now because of the vision that I can't even look straight. He's looking at me. Waiting for me to do something as he passes me the papers.

"Just give them to your lawyer Jay. He will do the rest. I'm leaving. Call me whenever the hearing is"I said and turn to walk away.

"Vennela"he calls me softly. I stopped abruptly. My chest is tightening so hard now.

"I want you to read the papers"he says.

"For what?"I asked

"Just to be clear. This is gonna change our lives forever"he said. I smiled sarcastically.

"It's gonna change nothing. I don't want to be involved in anything Jay. Please leave me alone for sometime"I said and tried to walk away. This time he held back my wrist, stopping me again.

"You should read them. Trust me vennela"he said.

I sighed and turned towards him, snatching the papers from his hand. I looked at the papers. I can't see anything because the tears are blocking my vision. I wiped my tears and looked at them again. I go through it and then my eyes widened.

Then I look back at him.

"Whats- Whats this?"I asked.

His lips curved into a smile seeing my face.

"Your dream"he said. I blinked my eyes.

"I heard you talking to your uncle and grandmother when we went there for bhoomis marriage. It has always been your dream to build a hospital in your village. I talked to people there and- got to know that they're suffering for a real reason. They don't have enough facilities or infrastructure there but- I have a friend working in Dubai. He had promised to help me out. In few months we'll have a hospital there and you are gonna run it by yourself. I promise we will get everything. Good doctors, nurses, equipments, machines and everything. I'll make sure your people won't suffer again vennela. This is gonna be our dream together"he explained.

It took me few minutes to recover and process everything he said.

"I thought- these are divorce-papers?"I asked finally making him smile.

"I'm sorry. I'm the culprit here"i heard a voice from the door and saw Arman walking in.

"I'm really sorry vennela. But I had no option. These rascals made me do it. Im actually a lawyer for real. And I'm anands best friend, Sharans elder brother"Arman said. I looked at Jay again who was still smiling.

"Did you just call me rascal?"Anand walked downstairs along with Vibha.

"Yeah you made me do it"arman said. Anand sighed and walked towards me.

"Im really sorry for doing this to you vadina. I just thought- you both need to realise your feelings for each other so I planned all these. If you're gonna be mad for this, please be mad at me and not with Anna. He just agreed for the sake of getting back at you. I know as long as you guys keep sacrificing things for each other and never admit that you're in love, this is not gonna happen"anand said.