23) New Home

Jay's Point Of View

*****

Vibha's health is stable. She was fine by the night. She can be taken back home  tomorrow or day after. Anand was adamant that he would stay back there with Vibha. I let him be. I know he's scared to leave her side. After making sure that he'd taken his dinner, vennela and I left the hospital.

She looked tired in face and kept staring outside the window with a blank face. I'm glad that I've opened up with her. Else I would have find it difficult. She didn't even question me when we left the house. I know she's just concerned. But leaving the house was important. It was needed for me as well as Anand. I know mom and dad has been hurt. I can't help it. I'm not going back to that house until dad and mom decides to change themselves for a better good.

I stopped the car in front of our new home. Vennela looked startled. She looked at me. I gestured her to come outside. She did. I stepped outside the car and looked at the house. The same house I bought on Shraddha insistence. She was adamant that we both need to take a separate house after marriage. We had a huge fight that day. I wanted to stay back with my parents and look after them. She didn't budge. We didn't talk to each other for two days after that incident. Later I had to go and apologize to her. She kissed me and said that we would visit my parents every weekends. Me, being so blindly in love agreed for that.

I bought this house for her. This is only 10 minutes away from our hospital. There's a small river behind the house which is a sight to see on a moonlit night. Shraddha and I had spent an evening here. We'd watched a movie and dozed off the couch, hugging each other.

I clenched my fists as I felt all these coming back to me. My eyes turned red with rage and anger thinking that how low she sunk in front of me while all  I did was to love her with all my heart

"Whose house is this?"vennela's voice reached my ears as I came back to my sense. I looked at her

"Ours"I said. She looked at me, locking her eyes with mine. I realised what I said.

"Um-I mean yeah ours"I said and stepped forward. She followed me quietly.

I took the keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. It's been so long I've come here. It wasn't maintained as well. I wondered how it would be inside.

The moment I opened the door, I sneezed. Followed by vennela. I looked at her while she rubbed her nose. Her nose had turned so red. I smiled looking at her face.

"Sorry it's been so long I've come here. I think we have to stay back in some hotel for the night and then tomorrow morning-"before I could complete she stepped inside.

I walked behind her and switched the lights on. I blinked my eyes and mentally slapped myself seeing dust and spider webs all over the living room.

"Er- vennella-"

"The house is quite good"she said. I looked at her surprised.

"Yeah but I don't think we can stay here tonight"I said

"Why not? Give me few minutes, I'll clean it"she said

"No no. You don't have to. I'll call some helper tomorrow. You need rest. Its already midnight"I said

"It's okay. I can do it"she said

"Fine but not now. We'll adjust for this night here. Tomorrow morning we can do it. I'll help you"I said. She nodded.

"Where's the kitchen?"she asked

"Over there"I said pointing towards the kitchen.

"I'll boil the food"she said and I nodded. I've bought parcel food for both of us. She walked towards the kitchen, when I got a call from our senior doctor. I walked outside the house.