22) Opening Up

Vennela's Point Of View

*****
I don't know what I'm supposed to do right now. Vibha needs me. On the other side I felt being accused for tearing apart a family. How much I tried to make Dr. Jay understand that what he's doing is completely wrong. He didn't hear me out once. He packed all our stuffs and even made me pack Vibha and Anand's clothes and other things, to shift it to our new house.

Seriously?

I can't believe that all these happened in a span of 24 hours? I tried to stop jay. But he looked so stubborn and angry at the point of time. I was scared just to approach him and say that what he's doing is wrong.

One thing I'm sure about is that, the one behind Vibha's miscarriage is not any of our family members. It's definitely an outsider. Dr.Jay believes that his mom did it. Although aunty had agreed it, I'm hundred percent sure that she said it out of anger and she isn't the one.

I questioned Lakshmi akka about this. After a while she started crying and sweared that she had been working here for the past seven years and she can't even think of doing such a thing. She only mentioned that someone from the courier service had come in the morning. Anand had ordered something for Vibha online and he left exactly after fifteen minutes.

I wanted to ring up Anand and talk to him about this, but Dr. Jay was furious and he wanted to move outside the house the next very second. I gave up. I didn't had any other option other than following him meekly.

He stuffed the car with our luggages. He didn't care to hear her out anyone of us for once. His parents also dispersed into their rooms. Divya Akka was sitting in the couch. She looked calm and she didn't speak anymore. I asked her to stop Dr. Jay. But she shook her head.

"Vennu, let him stay away from here for some days. It will calm him down for a while. Anand and vibha too needs a change. If they stay back here means, it won't be so easy for vibha to come back to life. Mom and dad is also angry on jay for bursting out so much. You need to be there with him right now Vennu. He needs a change. Just take him away from here"she said. I stood there like a statue.

I heard Dr. Jay's voice behind. I turned to face him. He walked towards us.

"I know you're angry with me"he said to Divya Akka. She smiled and slapped him playfully in his cheek.

"I believe that you always do the right thing jay. I'm not stopping you"she said to him

"I know I spoke too harshly with them akka. But I'm done faking it. I held it back for so many freaking years but not anymore"he said looking away from us

"Jay, I'm not blaming you. But at the end of the day, they are your parents. Just keep that in mind"she said. He looked at me and I lowered my eyes to the ground

"Let's go vennela?"he held my wrist. I looked at Divya Akka, who just nodded looking at me. We walked outside the house.

I don't know why suddenly I felt my chest heaving. I know I wasn't treated well by Dr. Jay's parents here. But I loved being here in this house. I know more than anyone, Dr. Jay is going to miss his house. But I'm not stopping him. I wonder if he ever try to learn more about his mom. She is not bad.

She's a mother too

He drove the car silently. I wanted to ask him where he's planning to go. But I kept mum. I felt his gaze on me quite few times. I didn't dare to make an eye contact with him

He stopped the car after half an hour. We'd come to an isolated place near a vast green meadow. The evening sky had been shaded with dark orange and faint red.