32) Farewell Party

Jays Point of View

*****

"You invited Dr. Ajay to the party? I can't believe it"I threw my arms up in air. I was frustrated. I was angry and God knows what all was happening right inside my chest.

I mean what the heck?

"Jay I don't have much friends here"vennela said making me narrow my eyes.

"Are you both friends now?"I asked. Vennela shaked her head defeatedly and continued, ordering the food online. I walked towards her and snatched her phone. She grunted, turning herself towards me.

"What's your problem right now?"vennela asked crossing her arms across her chest.

"What's my problem? You seriously wanna know? We're arranging a surprise farewell party for vibha and Anand. When I meant party- I meant close friends and family. Not someone who barely steps out of his cabin and always keeps I don't-give-a-shit face"I said, still venting out my anger on her.

Vennela chuckled hearing me, making me raise my brows.

"When have you turned into a oh-im-so-happy-with-my-life guy? You barely smiles"vennela said making me surprised.

Okay what?

"You're comparing me to him? Seriously? I can't believe it"I said.

Over the last few months vennela and I had grown close. I mean, really close. She had turned out to be my best support system and also our friendship had deleted the distance we had in between. We share everything right now and I always relay upon her.

The vennela I have in my life right now is not the same person she was when I met her for the first time. She was happy with me. I was happy with her.

Although we never took over our lives as husband and wife, I knew she was looking forward to it. So was I. But I still didn't wanted to rush things between us. I'm ready to give all my time and effort into this relationship.

I'm not even sure if I loved vennela, but with her presence my life had turned better. A lot better.

"Jay......"

"Forget it"I plonked on the sofa, ignoring her.

"Jay he's a very reputed doctor of our hospital and he has been nice with me"she said making me grit my teeth.

"That doesn't make you both friends"i said sarcastically.

I don't know why, but everytime I see vennela with that guy my blood boils like nothing. There were times when all I wanted was to pounce over him and warn him to stay away from my wife.

My wife.

Yes that's right. Vennela is my wife.

I know that doesn't give me the right to ask her to stay away from him but I don't know why, I don't like to see them get along.

Probably i was over imagining things. But I really didn't care.

He should stay away from vennela.

"Okay fine. I'll ask him not to come. Also he's a senior doctor, he can throw me out of the hospital or spoil my career. You really don't care do you?"she asked dialling some number in her phone. I lunged forward to snatch her phone, making myself land on top on vennela. She fell back into the bed and i was on top of her.

Oh great!

Vennela was too shocked to respond. Her eyes widened and I feared it might come out. I stared at her for few seconds before I came to my senses. My hands were wrapped around her waist and hers was resting in my chest. I could feel her breath right against my face and our noses slightly touched.