48) Divorce?

Anands Point of View

*****

"Hello. My name is Anand reddy. I'm here to meet Dr. Naren Reddy. Can I talk to him please?"I asked to the receptionist.

"I'm sorry sir. Dr. Naren is in a meeting with his clients. Do you have an appointment?"she asked.

Seriously?

"No. When will he be free?"I asked.

"I don't know sir. You can wait for him if you want. I will let you know once he is done with his meetings"she said. I nodded.

"That'll be great. Thanks"I said and walked away.

I sat in front of a cabin, looking at the pale wall. My heart is thumping so fast. I could feel sweat under my feets and strange restlessness wrapping around me, chocking me with uneasiness.

I'm at my dad's clinic, waiting to see him. I never thought I'll be doing this. But here I'm. Two days after our accident I have been wanting to call mom and enquire about them. But I know a call won't fix everything that went wrong. I talked to vibha about this and she told me what the best that could be done.

Meeting my dad

I don't know how he is gonna react. He probably doesn't want to see my face ever again. But I don't care if he even tries to push me away. I cannot run away from him forever. In few days I'm going back to London and I don't want to regret thinking about this later. Because my parents are important to me, more than anything else in this world and no matter how much they ever hurt me, I will choose them.

Anna doesn't know that I'm here to meet dad. The accident had given him a wound in his head. He was unconscious for one full day which made vadina anxious. She stayed back and took care of him. I just hope they'll clear out every misunderstandings and start afresh.

A sigh left my mouth. I continued waiting for him outside. A little later I saw dad stepping outside a room. I stood up as soon as I saw him. So many emotions passed through me. I was happy seeing him. At the same time I was in pain, sorrow, guilt and anger. I didn't knew what exactly I should feel.

Then I saw someone else, stepping outside the cabin right after dad.

Ranjith Shetty.

What the hell is he doing here?

Ranjith is one of the topmost oncologist who owns a hospital by himself. Anna had mentioned him quite few times. He's cunning, selfish and hungry for money. His hospital works only for people rich enough to afford treatments. His name has also been gone into the media for illegal organ transplantation. What is dad doing with him?

They were engrossed in a conversation. Later they shook hands and hugged each other. I drew a breath as I saw dad and ranjith walking towards me. Dad's eyes fell on me, he paused for a second seeing me. There was a sudden shock in his face which quickly faded. He then walked past me along with ranjith, as if I don't exist. I shut my eyes tight, forcing myself to remain calm.

"I'll call you Naren. Im really looking forward to do this"Ranjith said as he reached the entrance. Dad nodded at him with a smile. They shook each other's hands. Ranjith walked outside the clinic and soon left in his car.

I continued standing there watching dad. The receptionist approached him.

"Sir, Dr. Anand reddy is here to see you"she said.

Dad turned towards me and looked at me blankly without any expression.

"Tell him that he doesn't deserve my time. I have many other important works to do"he said and walked past me again.