42) Another Chance?

Anand Point of View

*****

"Come on Anand. You haven't eaten properly in a while. Look at yourself. You've lost weight and you look so weak. Please have it"Isha pushed the plate towards me while I sat staring at it blankly.

My eyes went back to the clock. It's almost 1.30am and vibha haven't come back home yet from college. I called her teachers and friends. But none of them knew where she was. Vibha had an Italian friend, Emma who said that she left college early with keshav. That had completely put me off.

She just went around with him, not caring to explain anything to me. Who I'm I to her?

I know past one month we were not in good terms. Probably because of our respective egos. But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to know anything about her.

"Anand don't do this to yourself. Look, vibha is happy. You should find something that makes you happy too"isha said.

"Isha please. I'm not in a mood to talk right now. I appreciate you for looking out to me. I don't need anything now. Please leave me alone"I said. Isha sighed and got up.

"Sorry. Good night anand"

"Good night Isha"I said. She walked outside the room while I continued sitting there blankly. I tried calling vibha for one last time but she didn't pick it up. I sighed in exasperation.

A little later I heard the sound of the bike outside. I waited for vibha to walked in. A little later I saw walking in with a blank face.

"Aren't you supposed to inform me when you're late?"I asked calmly.

"As if you tell me everything"she scoffed, dropping her bag on the couch.

"Vibha-I was f*cking worried for you. And im your husband. I have to know where you have been"I said.

"Oh please Anand. Can you just stop faking your concern? I don't want to talk to you right now"she said, walking inside the room.

"I need an answer vibha. Where were you?"I asked.

"It's none of your buisness"she said coldly.

"It's my godamn buisness!"I shouted.

"Get lost Anand. I'm already in the verge of breaking down. Don't make me say things which I would regret"she said.

"No. This has gone too far. Vibha we need to talk. It's been a month. We can't let it affect us. I need you. I want us to be understanding. So whatever you wanna say, go on. We're clearing this up right now"I said.

"Anand for gods sake. I don't want to be with you. I don't even know why I came back to you"she said, holding her head.

"Yeah you would. After all you were hanging around with your best friend keshav"I said angrily.

"Don't you drag him in between"she said.

"Why not? Are you considering leaving me? Because lately I know you have been different vibha"I said and I immediately regretted for what I just said. Vibha stared at me silently for few seconds.

'What if it is a yes? What if...I'm considering a divorce?"she asked making my heart break into a million pieces.

What?

I stared at her in disbelief.

"Vibha--do you even know what you're saying?"I asked.

"Anand just leave. I need some time. I beg you"she said.

"I'm not leaving. This is getting serious. I don't want to regret later thinking that I didn't even try. And now-youre talking about divorce-and I want to know what's going on in your head"I said.