17) Save Our Baby

Anand's Point Of View

*****

I don't know why this is happening with us all the freaking time. Vibha and me had decided to move forward in life. We started having dreams about our baby. It had become a part of both us. Still why? Why should we go through this?

I can't afford loosing Vibha. I can't take risk on her life and be selfish. What would I do without my angry bird? I love my baby too. If it has to be chosen between me and the baby, I would definitely chose baby over me. But Vibha! No...I can't imagine a life without her. I won't let this happen.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I wiped them off and wondered how I will relay this to Vibha. She won't ever agree for this. She can never kill our baby.

God. Please show some mercy on us.

I opened the door of the room and saw her arranging the clothes in the wardrobe. I closed the door behind me and rushed towards her. She looked at me.

"Anand wha--"before she completes I took her for a bone crushing hug. She was surprised but she slowly hugged me back. I slightly lifted her up by her waist. She buried her head in my neck. My tears didn't stop. My heart was aching so badly. I want to hold her like this for lifetime.

 I want to hold her like this for lifetime

After few minutes we broke the hug. She cupped my cheeks with a smile and kissed my cheek.

"What happened Anand?"she asked. I slowly wiped my tears and shook my head with a fake smile. 

"Don't leave me"I whimpered painfully.

"What? I would never leave you. Promise"she said and I grabbed her towards me. I kissed her slowly and she responded back with equal passion. My hands crawled down to her belly as I gently ran my palm over her belly. My eyes shed tears. I broke the kiss when she went out of breath and we hugged again.

"I don't know what has happened to my husband suddenly"she chuckled. I held her closer and caressed her hairs.

"Everything will be alright soon"I said.

A little later Vadina took her downstairs to have lunch. Now I knew why she was looking so blank from the last few days. I denied the lunch and walked outside the house. I took my bike and rode to somewhere. I spent an entire day outside, pondering over my thoughts. I decided to save Vibha and not my baby. I know that she will be broken. But she will heal.

We will heal.

When I returned back home , it was already late night. I saw Vibha sleeping in the couch of the living room. I rushed towards her and sat on my knees

"Vibha"I caressed her cheek and she woke up from the sleep.

"Anand where were you all these while? Why didn't you pick up my calls?"she asked cupping my cheeks. I hugged her and kissed her ear