26) Jay's Birthday

Jay's Point of View

*****

I squeezed my eyes shut as the early rays of the sun disturbed my sleep. I stretched my hand above my head and opened my eyes to find myself in the couch. I wondered when actually  I fell asleep. Suddenly yesterday's events flashed before my eyes. I was about to kiss vennela! My eyes widened as I quickly jumped up from the couch and searched for vennela. She was nowhere inside the room.

I felt like slapping myself for the stupidity I did yesterday. I couldn't even apologize to her. I wondered how I'm going to confront her today. Gosh...I've never felt this helpess.

I rushed inside the washroom and splashed cold water into my face. I quickly wiped it off and came outside the room to search for her.

"Vennela!"I called her out as I searched for her in the living room. She was nowhere to be seen. I walked to the kitchen and she was not there too. I came back to the living room and found a packet kept on the table along with a note. As I stepped closer I realised that she had kept the breakfast ready for me. That means she'd left early to the hospital?

I massaged my head and wondered what must be inside the packet. I took it in my hands a saw a small note attached to it.

Happy birthday Jay :)

     - Vennela

Birthday?

I looked up to the calender and realized that she's indeed right. Today is my birthday and frankly I had no idea about it. That means she'd went outside yesterday night to buy this for me? And I shouted at her without even bothering to ask her anything. I closed my eyes and took a deep sigh.

Btw how did she get to know about my birthday?

May be Anand told her.

I tore open the packet and found a light blue coloured shirt. My lips curved upwards and suddenly I wanted to meet Vennela at the right moment.

Gosh where did she go? She should have given this to me in person. How would I thank her?

I know she must be feeling really terrible and may be disgusted? Yesterday I crossed my limit. I don't know what came across me that right moment. It had spoiled everything now. I don't know whether Vennela is feeling bad to face me. Will she trust me from now on?

You expect her to trust you?

My thoughts halted when I heard my phone buzzing. I walked back to my room. It was Anand's call. I picked it up.

"Anna...Happy Birthday"he squealed like a kid making me chuckle.

"I thought you would forget. You never wished me this early"I said.

"Nope. This time Vadina reminded me"he said making me smile.

"By the way when are you coming? Vadina told me that you slept late yesterday and that's why you couldn't turn up early"he said making me sigh.

"Um-yeah well kind of. I'm coming"I said

"Come soon"he said and dropped the call.

I walked inside the washroom and took a long shower. I was restless to meet Vennela. Pondering over my thoughts I made up my mind to apologize for yesterday once I reach the hospital. I slipped into the blue shirt which she'd gifted and checked myself in the mirror. I look indeed good!

 I look indeed good!