2) Dr. Vennela meets Dr. Jay

Vennela's Point Of View

*****

"Dr. Jay Reddy. He's our senior doctor from a very reputed high class family. His father is a well known heart surgeon and mother is a gynaecologist. I've even heard that his younger brother , Anand is in his last year of medical course. I can't believe that you are going to work under him. So jealous of you"Sana , my colleague said making me smile.

"I'm glad that I've interned under a doctor like Dr. Sirisha. She was great mentor. I would have been glad if I were given a chance to work under her again"I said.

"You being her favourite. She had put up her own clinic. Are you trying your luck?"she asked and I shook my head.

"This is such a good hospital. I would like to work here"I said

"So are you meeting Dr. Jay today?"she asked

"Nope. I'll be joining from tomorrow morning and I think he's not here today"I said and took my bag to leave. I received Amma's call and she told me that she had gone out for some important work. I promised to get back home soon. Vibha is alone there.

Finally everything is falling into place in life. I'm going to work here in GRB HOSPITALS as a junior doctor under a reputed Doctor like Dr. Jay. This was my dream. Amma had struggled a lot to bring me and Vibha up in life. Now it's time for me to take up the responsibilities and I'm glad that I'm doing it. Appa died when I was nine and Vibha was four. Ever since I've seen my mother struggling in life. We do not have much of relatives. Some of them lives abroad and some in our village.

I took an auto and headed towards home. I think about Vibha. I don't know what's wrong her. She changed so much. I've been observing her from the past few weeks. She stays inside her room always and skipped so many classes. The doctor in me was concerned so I asked her to accompany me to the hospital for a checkup , but she refused.

After twenty minutes I reached back home and rang the calling bell. Surprisingly , the door was open. I walked inside and shoved the bag and kits in the couch.

"Vibha I'm home"I called out to her. I couldn't find her anywhere.

I walked upstairs to her room and tapped the door

"Vibha it's me. Open the door"I said. There was no response from inside. I tapped again.

"Vibha"I shouted as I banged on. Suddenly I panicked.

"Don't scare me off. Open the door Vibha"I banged vigorously and tried to push the door , but in vain. I started sweating. I gave a strong push to the door by my shoulder and to my relief it opened. I walked inside and looked around the room. It was empty.

I heard the sound of the tap from the washroom and sighed in relief. I kept my hand on the door and gave a push. It came open and I found Vibha in the floor lying in a pool of blood , oozing from her wrist.

I felt numb.

"Vibhaaaa"I screamed in horror and rushed towards her.

"Open your eyes Vibha. What have you done?"I shouted and tears rolled down my eyes. I pulled out my scarf and tied it around her wrist. I could feel her slow breath. She was alive.

I somehow took her till downstairs and dialled to Sana.

"Sana it's urgent. Can you sent an ambulance to my house?"I asked. My voice shook a little.

My entire body was shivering watching her lying lifeless.

"Nothing will happen to you"I said breaking into a pool of tears.

In few minutes Sana herself came with the ambulance and we carried Vibha inside. I kept her head in my lap and cried vigorously. I wondered what forced her to take such a step. We rushed to the hospital.