025

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE: "Prove Everyone Wrong

"Prove Everyone Wrong."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

HOURS pass, the air gets cooler as the day goes by, and Thea is no longer sweltering from the heat. They walk, climbed and trekked up the mountain side, until they finally reach the peak where the cave of El Dorado resides. As they make it up the hill, she hears the familiar sound of a voice she didn't expect to hear.

Ward Cameron.

His voice makes the group of five halt in their steps, JJ placed a finger to his lips to quiet them as they hid. Ward's back was turned, and infront of him were their two best friends and John B's dad big John. Thea couldn't see much, but she could tell by the look on Sarah, John B, and Big John's face that Ward must've had a weapon in his hand, her money's on a gun.

The Cameron men and their godamn firearms.

"All right, so what are we gonna do?" Pope asked worriedly, glancing over at the others.

"Is this ride or die?" JJ questioned, his gaze lingering on the four of them.

Cleo reaches back and unsheathed her machete, "P4L."

"P4L." Pope echoed, pulling his weapon out.

Kie reached behind her and pulls her machete out, "P4L."

Thea nods at her friends, pulling out hers from the sheath. "P4L."

"Frickin P4L." JJ agrees with a heavy breath, pulling out his machete.

"You're supposed to be dead." Ward says to Big John, his hand trembles as he holds the firearm. "I think I liked you better that way."

JJ nods to the group as he cocks the weapon, and on cue the five of them rush out from their hiding spot letting out battle cries as they surround the man with the gun. Ward's eyes grew wide as his head whipped from side to side, taking in the teenagers around him with their machetes held high.

"Stay back! Stop right there!" Ward cries in panic, pointing the gun at them with a shaky hand.

"Put it down!" JJ ordered harshly, he's stood just a couple feet infront of the man with Thea right behind him as she grips the machete tightly.

"Stay!" Ward screams at them, his wide eyed gaze switching between all of them around him. "Stay back!"

"Put it down!" Pope yells.

"Stay back, stay back!" Ward panics.

"Not until you drop that gun, asshat!" Thea hissed at him sharply.

"Stand back, stand back!" Ward continues to scream, stumbling about as he points the gun, not knowing where to shoot.

"Come on!" JJ yells at him, "You're out numbered, Ward."