015

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: "Catastrophically Dangerous

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
"Catastrophically Dangerous."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

THE Twinkie cruised down the roads of the cut until JJ pulled into the lot of the local bar, the Rockfish. The establishment where the lowest of the lows of the cut go and get wasted or cause unnecessary brawls. And if she remembered correctly a guy almost got his skull bashed here over a broken deal. Why they were there, she wasn't sure, but JJ did say that his plan was sketchy, so the "guy" that knew must be here, in the sketchiest of all places.

"Oh, perfect." John B muttered sarcastically, "Rockfish. The place where you go to bash beer bottles over people's heads."

"There's a guy here, that's always here, moves alot of weight." JJ opens the car door and climbs out, "My dad worked for him."

"Yeah, because the guys that your dad worked for were so reliable." Thea sighs as she pulls out her headphones, "This plan better not get us killed, Jess." She shoved her phone into her back pocket and pulled the back sliding door open as she hopped out, "Or else I'm going to come back to life, drag your ass back from hell and kill you myself."

"We'll be fine, Thea." JJ assured her, and yet his words didn't sound very convincing.

"Wait, wait." John B made him halt in his steps, he still hadn't gotten out of the Twinkie. "Please don't say "Barracuda Mike.'"

"Barracuda Mike?" Thea's eyes grew in horror, "Oh hell no."

"Okay, I won't." JJ shrugged his shoulders, facing forward and not sparing them a glance as he walks up to the bar.

Thea's hands drag down her face as a long groan comes from her lips, "JB, I think we might just die today."

"Yeah, maybe." John B sighs heavily and climbs out of the van, "Come on, T." He slung his arm over her shoulder and the two catch up to JJ as they enter the bar.

Her nostrils are instantly assaulted by the stench of different kinds of liquor, tobacco, and BO. She already wants to leave and they've barely been here for 5 seconds, JJ better make this shit quick or she might just go back and hang out in the Twinkie. Then again, this place is crawling with creeps, she'd definitely be better off with the boys around.

"Come on, there's gotta be a better option then this." The Routledge boy attempts to reason, trying to talk JJ out of talking to Barracuda Mike.

"Oh, you know what? You're right. There is a better option." JJ tells him, his words drenched in sarcasm. "Except there's not. All right, dude? Seriously, we don't have a whole lot of time, and your dad needs help right now, and this guy," He points his digit out the window where the infamous Barracuda Mike is stood in a faded red shirt as he sets down a net of freshly caught fish. "is the key to getting down to South America ASAP. Trust me on this one. Let me do the talking, okay?"