021

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: "Welcome To Kitty Hawk

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE:
"Welcome To Kitty Hawk."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

AFTER the very much unplanned confrontation with Barracuda Mike and his goon with the godamn rifle, he agreed to JJ's terms and they climbed into the sleek black vehicle and sped away. JJ quickly got to work on replacing the popped tire with the spare one that John B always kept in the back.

As he got busy on that, Thea sat in the passenger's side charging her phone so she doesn't miss her mom's texts about the camp. It's only when JJ has finished changing the tire and is climbing back into the front seat that her mom's message pops up on her phone's lock screen.

From Mommy Dearest:

It's done. I used the name Emma Nolan for me, Sia Nolan for you, and Jesse Nolan for JJ. They think that he's picked you up for me and is bringing you there instead of them coming to get you, Camp Counselor Laura will be expecting you when you arrive.

During the call I told her about you and some of things you have done, like running off and getting stuck on an island in the Caribbean. But do remember that I only said that to state your case to get you in the camp. I know you're not a bad kid, you're just an incredibly loyal friend who would do anything for the ones she cares about.

Despite how much you scare me sometimes, I love you so much darling. And I am so proud of the woman that you have grown to be.

Good luck, sweetheart.

Thea's heart melted at the words that her mother sent her. She knew better than anyone that her mom was definitely not like normal moms, she was incredibly lucky to have a parent who trusted her so much despite everything that she's done since last summer.

To Mommy Dearest:
I know that, mama. And I love you too, thanks for always trying to understand me and my decisions that sometimes get me in sticky situations.

You're the best mom a daughter could ask for.

I'll text you how it went once we get Kie out of there.

On the way to Kitty Hawk Thea explained the plan to JJ so he would know what to do when they arrived, he of course was totally down to make it work and get her behind the walls of the camp with Kie. And so, when they pulled up to the gates of the wilderness camp, he let up on the accelerator as one of the guards of the camp made his way over to the drivers side window.

"Oh shit." JJ muttered, she could sense the slight panic in his voice.

"Hey." She gently calls to him, he turns to her and she sees the nervous look written across on his features, "We talked about this. You've got it." She smiles at him reassuringly, hoping to calm his nerves. "Just tell him exactly what my mom told us to say, okay?"