012

CHAPTER TWELVE: "We're Pogues First

CHAPTER TWELVE:
"We're Pogues First."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

WHILE Kie made the journey to her house, she pulled her phone out of her jeans and turned the cell back on. She had a few more messages from her mom, it was mainly her saying they would discuss why she walked out of class the other day when she gets home, so much for thinking she would only see her tonight and not sooner.

Eventually they arrived at her dock, and she told Kie she would see her at the party before she hops off the boat and made her way onto the dock. She walked down the pier to get across the street, then she walks up to her iron fence and opened it before closing it behind her. She goes up the stairs and makes it to the door, she tugs at the handle and sees that it's been left unlocked.

Meaning... her mom's expecting her.

Oh boy.

     She turns the handle and walks through the threshold, "Mom?" Her voice echoes through the foyer, she closed the door behind her as she walks further into the house.

     "Livingroom." Melanie answered, Thea seals her lips tight as she walks over towards the livingroom, her mom is sitting on the couch with a mug in her hand, her hair is pulled into a messy ponytail, and she's wearing a soft shirt and a pair of sweats. She looks as if she had just woken up, it is the afternoon after all. "We need to talk."

     "Yeah, I know." Thea nods as she walks over to the couch, she sits down beside her mom and fiddles with her fingers as her gaze lowers to her feet, "I'm sure that you've heard about yesterday by now?"

      "About how you and Pope both walked out of class without a word? Yes. I've heard." Melanie nods curtly, her lips pursed tightly. "And I haven't the foggiest idea why either of you would do such a thing. On your first day back, infact. Care to explain yourself, young lady?"

     Thea slumps back into the couch, a heavy sigh leaves her lips. "They gave us our schedules and the classes were unbelievable, mom."

     Melanie's brows raised in bemusement, "You left school in the middle of class because of your classes? Theadosia, that is not a good reason to up and leave."

     "The classes they gave us are from our eighth grade year, mom." Thea looks over at her, irritation residing in her green eyes. "All the high level classes are filled, now we have to start all over in our junior year. Do you know how embarrassing that is? I have to retake the classes that I've already done before. I have to redo that stupid science class that I nearly killed myself over because I failed it so many times."