002

CHAPTER TWO:"Little Black Dress

CHAPTER TWO:
"Little Black Dress."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

         UPON arrival to wherever they hell they were being taken, Thea had a panic attack. With the plane they were in crashing and almost killing them, and now being kidnapped by these brute guys with machine guns strapped to them, she was definitely due for one. Did the man in the back of the trunk with them care? No, not even a little. He just stared at her with his dark eyes and stone-faced stare as Kie held her in her arms, talked her down, and helped her breathe in and out.

After she managed to calm down just enough to breathe at a normal pace, she looked up and saw where they were. To say that she had no idea where these men were driving them was an understatement, there was only miles and miles and acres of grassy and palm trees as far the eye could see.

But eventually the truck came to a halt as they rolled up up on a fence gate, there were more of the strapped guards patrolling the area around them. One of the men walks to the window with a German Shepherd on a leash in his hand, he speaks to the man sat behind the steering wheel.

"All right, let them in." He commands to the guard stood posted at the gate.

The man nods at the command and accordingly lifts the white wood gate upwards, allowing the driver behind the wheel to pass through and the truck to trudge along. Thea's eyes wandered her surroundings, looking for any possible way out of here. But at every turn she saw more guards posted up with German Shepherd attack dogs on their leashes.

The truck pulled up to a mansion, it reminds her of the houses back on Figure Eight. The vehicle comes to a steady halt, and the the guard who was sat in the trunk with them rose to his feet and walked over to the edge of the trunk and pulled it down. The other guards came to the truck and they grabbed at the two girls roughly and forcibly, yanking them out of the vehicle and leading them down the pathway of the fairly large estate.

When they arrived at the front door, a light brown skinned woman with her hair pulled back into a bun and a maid's uniform opened the door. Thea and Kie exchanged a confused look, then the woman stepped aside and the guard behind them shoved the two forward past the threshold.

Thea's eyes roamed the inside of the mansion, she felt like a fraud by just standing there in the front room.

Everywhere she looked there was mahogany wood, and there was a crystal chandelier hanging above their heads. The furniture was placed neatly around the room, and as she continued walking she saw a few items placed on pedestals, all of them historically significant, and a few even looked like they could've been priceless artifacts.

Were they kidnapped by a history buff? Or was this about the cross?

The mere thought formed a pit in her stomach and every instinct in her body was screaming at her to run away, but where could she go? There were men posted with weapons in every direction she turned, if she tried run she'd end up dead for sure.