009

CHAPTER NINE: "Let's Blow This Popsicle Stand

CHAPTER NINE:
"Let's Blow This Popsicle Stand."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

ON their journey back to OBX from Wilmington, Thea got an earful from her mom on the phone because they couldn't get a ride back on the Ferry until the next morning. Long story short they didn't really think about what time they would get back, and Sarah had to beg Topper to let them get hotel rooms to stay in for the night.

In the end Topper agreed because he's a whipped bitch for Sarah. The girls stayed in one room, and the boy stayed in the other across from them.

When she arrived back home her mom was waiting for her at the door, she immediately lectured her about how she promised she would be back before the sun rises, but Thea was barely listening because she was so exhausted and just wanted a couple extra hours of sleep before she had to get up and go to school.

She actually did end up getting those few hours, but despite that she was still exhausted and practically dragged herself out of bed. Her mom had left her a plate of waffles with fresh strawberries, she drowned the breakfast in syrup and ate until her her stomach was full. She dropped the plate into the sink and made a note to wash it later, then she heads to the bathroom to take a shower.

After her shower she brushed and flossed her teeth, and after she blow dried her hair she pulled it into a ponytail because she was too tired and lazy to do anything else to it. She readjusted the towel around her midsection and made her way down the hall to her room. She walks inside and heads to her closet, then she grabs the first thing she lays eyes on is a cropped maroon hoodie and denim high waisted shorts.

She pulls on the outfit and tossed her towel into her hamper, then she walked over to her beside table and picked up her bare vanilla perfume and spritzed herself, and she rubs on some of the same brand of lotion onto both her arms and legs. She walks over to her desk chair and snatched up her backpack, and she heaves it onto her shoulder.

She pulls her phone off the charger, and she grabs her earphones and plugs them into the device, then she puts them into her ears and scrolled through her recently played playlist as she flicks the light off in her room. She hits shuffle on her Halsey one,, and she shoved her phone into her back pocket as she makes her leave from the house.

She locks the door with the key on her necklace, and she walks over to the porch where her skateboard sits and she picks it up and heads down the rickety steps. She opens the fence gate and closes it behind her and she placed her board on the ground, she kicks her foot back to gain some momentum as she rode down the narrow sidewalk.