008

CHAPTER EIGHT: "Ride or Die

CHAPTER EIGHT:
"Ride or Die."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

THEY arrive at Ferry right on time before it leaves, and somehow on the way there JJ doesn't get pulled over for his speeding. Thanks to her mom who texted her and let her know there's a new debit card in the case of her new phone with a bit of cash, she and JJ are able to get a ticket and board the boat.

       When they arrive the workers take care of his bike so he can use it when they get back on the mainland, after that they meet with their friends at a table and they all sit together so they can discuss tonight's game plan.

      "Honestly, the hardest part is gonna be security, all right?" JJ begins to explain to them, "So most of the guys are gonna be at the rail yard."

     "All right, so we'll need to find some place and guard it, maybe a little further down the line, like a whistle-stop or something." Pope suggests.

     Kie nods in agreement, "Yeah."

     "You guys are getting ahead of yourselves per usual." Cleo comments.

     Thea snorted, "Being in over our heads is kind of our specialty."

     Cleo rolls her eyes, "We don't have a way to transport the cross. What you think? On JJ's motorcycle?"

     JJ grunts in annoyance as he pulls off his snapback, "That's not my fault." He then begins to mumble to himself, Thea had no idea what he was on about so she pretty much just tuned him out.

     "Okay, so other options." Pope murmured, "Uh... we coul—"

     "Oh my god." Sarah cuts in, covering her mouth with her hands as her eyes grow wide.

     Thea's brows furrowed, "Wait, Sarah, what's wrong?"

     Sarah points her digit behind her and she looks over her shoulder, she finds Topper Thornton in the flesh on the Ferry with them. He's sitting at the bar while conversating with someone, her jaw clenched tight as a wave of irritation washed over her in a mere instant, and she quickly turns forward in her seat.

     "Great." She huffs annoyedly, "Of course Topper's here."

     "Why... is he everywhere?" Kie asked, words filled with annoyance.

     "Perfect." Pope muttered sarcastically. Then, a look like a lightbulb going off in his head crossed his face, he turns his attention to JJ, "Hey, Jayj." Thea's nose wrinkles involuntarily as she grimaced at the chosen nickname, she always hated that name for him. "I bet Topper has a way to transport the cross."