000

PROLOGUE: "Pogue Goddess

PROLOGUE:
"Pogue Goddess."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

      THEA took notice of a couple things once her emerald green eyes fluttered open. One, the sun was just barely peaking out from the horizon, above the cerulean Caribbean, trying to rise as a new day began. Two, it was entirely too early for her to be awake right now. And finally, Three, whoever had the bright idea to wake her up at the ass crack of dawn is gonna have hell to pay.

An incoherent string of grumbles left the brunette's lips, she weakly slaps away the hand of the person gently shaking her as she attempts to roll on her side and go back to sleep.

"Sia, baby, hey." JJ's voice cooed softly, "I know it's early, but I really need your help with this."

Thea sighs softly, prying her sleep ridden eyes open as she looks over her shoulder. She locks eyes with the blonde boy, with the eyes a shade of blue that not even the Caribbean ocean could compare to. "Help with what, Jay?" She asked, dusting her fist free of the sand below her, then she rubs her eye gently. 

JJ's hand trails up and down her leg slowly and soothingly, "I'm almost done with the Poguelandia flag." He murmurs, dropping his hand to the sand as she turns to face him and pulled her legs to her chest. "I figured you could help me and we'll get it done together."

A yawn slips from the brunette's lips as she nods her head, her hands are stretched to the sky before they fall to her sides. "Yeah, sure. Let's do it."

"Yeah?" A smile lights up his sunkissed features, she nodded her head with her own little tired smile. "Okay, cool." He holds out his hand to her, "Come on, shortcake."

She slips her hand into his and he rose to his feet and pulled her up with him, then he leans forward and pressed his lips against hers. She smiles into the short but sweet kiss, looping an arm around his neck before their lips parted. Then he curls an arm around her waist, and they make their way to the artsy set-up where JJ left work in progress that was the Poguelandian flag.

Thea's eyes took in the half done flag infront of her on the ground, the ratty white material of it being held down with medium sized rocks and pebbles that littered the island. Sometimes she forgets how good of an artist that JJ truly is, he doesn't really sketch or paint on an easel or canvas like she does.

But he does wood carve, give himself and others very impressive stick and poke tattoos, and occasionally she would find a few gory drawings of characters from what she swore up and down were C.H.U.D. scribbled on random pages in her sketchbook. Her sketchbook that she missed like hell, by the way.