007

CHAPTER SEVEN: "Spider Monkey

CHAPTER SEVEN:
"Spider Monkey."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

WHEN Thea returned home, she didn't have the luxury of being able to lock herself in her bedroom and cry her eyes out like she initially wanted to. Instead, she was dragged out of the house and being driven to The Wreck. Apparently, since her mother alerted Anna and Mike that she was back, she figured it would be a great start to her punishment that she dives right into an 8 hour shift at the seafood establishment.

To say she was fucking exhausted when she got back home was a total understatement, she would take her island duties in Poguelandia over a full 8 hour shift at The Wreck.

As soon as her head hit the pillow she was out like a light, and she didn't wake again until late afternoon the very next day. She was stood in her kitchen eating a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal, when she heard a knock on the door. She placed her bowl down on the counter with her furrowed brows, then she makes her way to the foyer and opens the door.

Stood behind it is Sarah Cameron, with her blonde hair straightened to perfection, and a periwinkle cropped top, high waisted white shorts, with her signature white sneakers.

"Sarah, hey." She peeks over her shoulder and looks out for her mom, and when she doesn't see her she walks out of the house and closed the door behind her. "What's up?"

"Well, you weren't here yesterday when me and Kie came, so I figured that you might be today." Sarah explained to her.

"Sorry, my mom had me put down for an 8 hour shift at The Wreck." She rolls her eyes as she folds her arms over her chest, "I swear to god, she wants to kill me. Like, I know that I deserve it for what I put her through but godamn, dude."

"Sounds rough." Sarah frowned, "I'm sorry, T."

She shrugged, "It's cool. I don't have another shift till tomorrow."

"So you're free tonight?" Sarah asked, raising her brows.

"Uh." Thea's brows knitted, "Yeah, why? What's the plan?"

A smug smile grows on Sarah's lips, "Let's just say... operation steal the cross is back on."

Thea's eyes grew, "Wait, seriously? Like, no bullshit?"

Sarah shook her head, biting down on her lower lip as she smiles in reply. "No bullshit. We can get it back, tonight. So, if you can, come to the chateau in an hour."

"Okay." Thea nodded, "I'll try."

"Okay, see you there." Sarah bids her goodbye, heading down the rickety steps and making her way towards her bike that's leaning against the other side of her fence gate.