003

CHAPTER THREE: "Trauma Dump

CHAPTER THREE:
"Trauma Dump."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

AFTER their "dinner" with Mr. Singh last night, where they didn't even get to eat anything, Thea and Kie checked the wardrobe and were given silk sliver pajamas to sleep in. They change in the bathroom while Rafe sets up a place for him to sleep on the floor, and when they come out of the bathroom he's fast asleep. This gives them the ample opportunity  to talk about what the hell they were gonna do to get out of here.

Thea and Kie spend the entire night talking and making a game plan, and in the end they only come up with one plausible solution. They only had one day, so it was obvious what they would have to do. She just hoped their plan wouldn't bite their friends in the ass in the long-run

The next morning she awoke from her sleep, she heard knuckles rapping on the window beside the bed, then more movement and voices nearby. She raised up and leaned back on her elbows, then she lifts her fist and rubs at her eye as she tunes into her surroundings.

Kie and Rafe seem to be arguing with eachother, which wasn't surprising at all, really.

"You're lying about this diary thing." Rafe spoke in a hushed tone, "You know where it is."

"No, I don't." Kie replied, brushing past him.

"You don't? Okay." Rafe mumbled unconvincingly, with a shrug of his shoulders.

Kie scoffs at him, "You wish." When she sees that Thea's awake a tired smile forms on her lips, "Morning, T."

Thea tips her head to her, "Morning, Kie."

"Okay, listen, I wouldn't tell me either." Rafe begins to say, crossing over to Kie as Thea pulls the duvet off her body and climbs out of bed.

"Hey!" Kie shouts, rapping her knuckles on the window, ignoring Rafe.

Nonetheless, he keeps rambling on. "But he's never gonna believe we don't know something, all right?" He attempts to convince the Carrera girl, who couldn't care less. He rushed up behind her, resembling a cornered animal with a wild look in his eyes. "Singh killed that---"

Hey!" Thea shouts, rising to her feet with no hesitation, and blocking his path to Kie as she pushed him back. "Back off, Rafe." She points her digit at him, her eyes narrowed into slits, daring him to try her.

"Look around." Rafe stated calmly, backing up as she jammed her finger into his chest. "I'm the only friend you got."

The sound of the door being unlocked was heard in the silence of the room, Kie and Thea walked past Rafe and walked to the mocha toned guard at the opened door.