023

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: "Trouble and Danger

"Trouble and Danger."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

     THE thing about being a Pogue was that Thea always knew growing up that her dreams of traveling the world were just that, they were dreams. It was out of her reach, and her mom just didn't have the funds. Before the past summer she would have never imagined in her wildest dreams that she would have been to two countries in the Caribbean, and now she was aboard a light aircraft on the way to South America.

Her life was like a fucked up coming of age tv show by this point, she can't believe the events that's transpired ever since the hunt for the Royal Merchant gold.

While she does not mind flying in a plane, -especially one that isn't going down in a crash- the aircraft being so small and uncomfortable grated on her nerves the entire flight. Though she wasn't hopeful of ever traveling, her curiosity about travel growing up got the best of her and she's done research on what being on an airliner would be like.

She already knew from her research that airliners have a certain amount of turbulence, but while on this light aircraft she felt she was being tossed and thrown every which way. And it was always at the most annoying and inconvenient of times.

For example, the light aircraft had a very small bathroom in the back, and for some reason turbulence always hit the couple times she had to get up and go. She always fell on her way there. And if not that, then it was whenever she happened to doze off. For maybe a minute, or even just a couple seconds, she would get sleep. But then she'd be rudely awakened by harsh turbulence, and her head and the wall of the plane would get very aquatinted in a painful meeting.

It's safe to say, that the second Barracuda Mike says they're clear for landing, she'd be the first one to get out of this godforsaken aircraft.

JJ had a map in this hand as he sat between herself and Kie, "We're gonna be landing about a couple hours out of Tres Roca's, at a farm." He explained to them as he points to a place on the flimsy sheet of paper, "It's right here."

"A couple of hours?" Kie questioned, with a decent amount of skepticism in her tone.

"Great." Thea muttered in annoyance, "So we won't even be close to where the others are supposed to be then?"

JJ pursed his lips, sensing both their frustrations. "Yeah, but Barracuda Mike says there's a bus into town that we should be able to catch, so..."

Thea's brows inched upwards, "And if they're not there?"

A look of worry momentarily crossed JJ features as he looks off, "If they're not there..." He trails off as he contemplates their options, then all trace of worry leaves his face as he pastes on his signature cheeky smile. "Free vacation." Thea and Kie share a quick look, their features are scrawled with uncertainty. "We're on an adventure, baby. Come on, now."