020

CHAPTER TWENTY:"We've Got A Problem

CHAPTER TWENTY:
"We've Got A Problem."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

IT was a five minute ride from the tarmac to Kie's house, JJ drove the van through the white picket fence neighborhood and turned the corner upon arrival to her three story home. As the Twinkie pulled up Thea saw the sight of Mike and Anna sitting on their porch steps, and as JJ killed the engine she noticed that the two of them looked rather upset.

She felt a bad feeling twisting in her stomach, but she unbuckled herself and pulled the sliding door open as she hopped out the vehicle.

"Howdy, y'all." JJ greeted the couple sitting on the staircase, "Lovely afternoon."

"JJ, do not come on my property." Mike tells him, with a tint of hostility in his voice. Damn, he really does not like him. "Not even a little bit."

"Yeah. Right, um..." He looks lost for words for a few moments, then he turns back quick and closed the driver's side door.

Thea walks around the vehicle and joins alongside JJ, "Let me do the talking." Thea offered , then she looks over at the couple. "Mike, Anna. I know you don't want Kie to come with us, but we really need her. John B needs her, there's no way we can do this without her."

"Thea, she's not here." Anna informs, rising up from where she was sat and placing a hand on the white wood banister with the other perched on her hip.

JJ scoffed as he and Thea shared a quick glance, "Like we're supposed to believe that? All right, um, well, then where is she?"

"Let's just say you're not gonna see her for awhile. All right?" Mike says.

Thea's eyes widen slightly as she and JJ's gazes meet, concern and worry etched both their features.

"We sent her someplace where she can try and rebuild what you and your friends destroyed." Anna declared, with a bitter tone.

"No." Thea's heart sinks in her chest, she shakes her head in disbelief. In that moment, she knew exactly where Kie was. "Please, tell me you didn't."

"But that's exactly what they did, Sia." JJ shook his head, an angered scoff left his lips as he looks back at the Carrera's. "You sent her to that wildness camp?"

"Yep." Mike put simply, the lack of remorse in his words sparked some anger in the brunette girl.

"How could you?" Thea demands angrily, "Do you realize what you've done? She'll never trust you again."