011

CHAPTER ELEVEN: "We're All A Godamn Mess

CHAPTER ELEVEN:
"We're All A Godamn Mess."
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

THE shift at the Wreck that night was a hellish one. Thea's legs hurt from all the running she did while looking for Pope earlier, and her head ached from crying so much. But despite all of those things, she got as much work done as she could before the restaurant closed for the night. She and Kie stayed an extra hour and cleaned up, her way of making it up to Mike and Anna for being late.

Mike told her that she could compensate the missing hours by working on early Sunday morning, which she happily agreed to.

That very same night Thea skates to Kie's place on her board, and she finally turned her phone back on and sent her mom a message telling her she was staying at Kie's, she ignored all the messages that she spammed her with earlier before turning her phone back off, she would just have to deal with it later. All she wanted to do was relax and take her mind off of things with her best friend.

And that night, they did exactly that.

They made caramel popcorn in Kie's kitchen, then they watched the Hunger Games series in her room till the sun came up and they both fell asleep. And the next morning they woke up to Anna Carerra coming in and telling them they had to get moving and pick up some supplies they needed for tonight.

Kie let her borrow some clothes to which she searched through the girl's closet until she found something that she could wear. She ended up going with a tye dye maroon cropped top and some black jeans, Kie's closet was way more colorful than hers was.

She took a quick shower in the bathroom in the hallway, then she brushed her teeth with one of the many spare toothbrushes that the Carrera's kept under their sink. She and Kie did their hair together, and the Carrera girl took a straightener to her wavy brunette hair and it came out silky and perfectly flat.

Once they both finished up with getting ready, they laced up their shoes and exit the Carerra home. They make their way down to the dock where their boat is parked, and she and Kie hop on the vessel. Thea sits down as Kie stands behind the wheel, she puts in the key and started up the boat. The vessel's engine roars to life and it lurches forward, Kie mans the wheel and drives it down the reservoir to their destination.

     After about a ten minute boat drive they arrive at the Island Restaurant, she and Kie climb off the boat and make their way up the ramp to get there. When they walk inside Thea's stomach rumbles when she's hit with the aroma of breakfast food. She'll have to get something to eat when they get back to her house. They stand at the front counter of the establishment, and Kie does all the talking to the woman at the front.