28. Cleo

They welcome me on the boat and ask me questions. They have these weird accents that sound pretty cool.

"Whats ya name?" The only girl asks, she's dark skinned and has beautiful hair, she looks around my age. If only I could remember it..

"Uhm.. katelyn...miller" I say off the top of my head, "my friends call me Kat" who the fuck calls me Kat?

"What's ya age?" The girl asks again.

"What's your name?" I ask trying to change the subject.

"My names Cleo" she says. "How's your head and arm? Do they still hurt?" She asks.

They had bandaged my arm up and given me some Panadol to take the pain away from both my head and arm. "Good, thank you for saving me" I thank her.

"Can I be honest with ya?" She asks.

"Uh sure" I agree

"You look clueless, absolutely clueless" she laughs

"Well if imma be honest aswell, I am, I don't know where I'm from or how I got in this situation or how old I am, I made that name up cause I can't even remember my real name" I say.

"Oh shit girl you must've hit your head extra hard" she laughs and I join her. "Do ya want me to call the cops to help you find you ya are?" She asks.

I think about it for awhile but if I was out in the ocean I was probably getting away from the cops so probably not a good idea, "no thank you I'm fine" I say.

"Well, where ya going to live?"

"I have got no idea.." I say

"Well when we get back to mainland I can help you get a job and we can crash together if ya want?" She suggests

"Omg yes that would be great thankyou!"

"No problem"

We spend the next hour getting to know eachother. Acually I was getting to know her. She tried to re-jog my memory but nothing worked.

We arrive at mainland and her father drives us into town, her father was the captain of the ship along with her 2 other brothers who helped maintain it.

"Have fun girls" her dad assured her, he will go drop some cargo at another country then come and get her which will be a while.

"Thanks dad see ya!" She waved goodbye and then we start walking around town.

"Wow... it's so pretty" I say.

"It's literally ugly..." she laughs.

"Shut up.. anyway where are we going to stay???" I ask.

"We will figure that out later, we both need jobs!" She says as she grabs my arm and we find a tour guide building.

"Welcome, what may I help you with" we are greeted with a man in a navy green bucket hat and a fishing shirt and some shorts.

"Just wondering where the highest paying job is around here!" I ask.

"Well, uhm I will just have a look give me a second girls" he says as he pulls out a binder full of paper.

"Ahh here! This job is just working as security at a rich man's house, I'll give him a call to see if spots are available is that alright?" The tour guide asks.

Me and Cleo both nod confidently and we take a seat next to the man's desk. He gives the rich man a call and hangs up.

"You guys are lucky there are slots left as a maid and 1 security guard, will that be alright?" He asks.

"Yeah that's alright, I'll be the maid" Cleo says.

"Well it's a while out of town and he would like you to start today, would you guys like me to drive you out there? Mr Singh said he will pay for your trip over there" the man asks.

"Yes that would be great thank you!" I say

The 2 of us all get in the back of the man's truck me and Cleo are sitting on the back of the Ute.

It's about 30minute drive to the house, and when we get there me and Cleo's mouth both drop open.

"Holy shit man! This place is huge!!" Cleo says in shock.

"Oh my god! We are going to get paid sweet as!" I say as me and Cleo both high-five.

_______________________________
Please vote!

If y'all have watched season 3 of outerbanks some of y'all will know where this is sorta going!

Anyway thank you for reading!

Sorry I'm not writing a lot I have just got some stuff going on at home, hope you guys have a good day!