27

I will be uploading a new book after i finish this one so vote for a love interest! Ghost or Konig

__________
2 weeks later
(ominous)

"Soap hasn't been the same since..." Ghost spoke to Konig, his hands rested on his knees as he sat on the leather couch in the private meeting room.

Keegan and Alejandro occupied the other luxury comfort items in the room. Konig, who sat on another couch facing the other men, watched as they spoke vaguely.

The energy in the room was off, considering it was filled with relatively quiet men in the group; Soap always being the one to fill the air, and he wasn't present at the moment.

"Maybe we should do something to get him out of his bubble." Alejandro offered his idea.

"Like what?" Ghost turned to him, slightly shifting his body to the right.

_______
(Y/N POV)

The female receptionist at the hospital had greeted me, recognizing me since i've been here consistently. It was Kayla's check out day.

After a few minutes, the hallway was taken over by Kayla and about 3 duffel bags in hand. She appeared healthy and well rested. I hopped up, immediately, offering a hand with her bags.

"It felt like covid all over again." She exhaled in relief, getting a laugh from me, as we exited the hospital.

"We should go out to dinner tonight, to celebrate!" She suggested, holding my forearm.

"We should!"

The driver was pulled in the front of the hospital, leaning against the hood of the car, waiting for us to arrive. Once he spotted us, he grabbed all the bags, loading them into the back. He quickly slid into the drivers seat, and pulled off.

After reaching Konigs building, he instinctively helped us inside. Ghost, Keegan, and Alejandro, some of Konigs coworkers rested in the currently empty lobby. Kayla followed me into the building.

I greeted Konig happily, and the rest of his peers, while Kayla stood in the doorway awkwardly fiddling with her clothing.

Alejandro smiled to himself, glancing at the two men beside him.

"I think I have an idea."

________