20

____________

I squint at the phone, rereading the text message repeatedly. Before I could process any thoughts, Konig grabbed the phone, shutting it off and tossing it to the side of the bed.

"Are you scared?" He chuckles, his voice a bit groggy due to his previous sleep session.

"No." I assure him, settling back under the covers.

He lightly groaned in response, stretching behind me and then sliding a hand under my shirt, resting it under my breasts. It was silent for a few minutes.

"Y/N."

"Hm?" I hum, not turning to him.

"I'm sorry about everything, again." He starts. "Even the things I did years ago."

I don't reply.

"When I used to stop speaking to you after arguments... I thought you were getting tired of me." He spoke lowly, his grip on my waist tightening.

I turn over, facing him now, but still staying quiet.

"I thought if I gave you a break from me it'd lower those chances." His voice began to croak, while he refused eye contact.

His breath rate increased, his stomach ascending and descending relatively quick.

"Konig..." I fixate my eyes on him, placing a hand on his forearm.

I force the eye contact a bit, sliding closer to him. His grey tinted eyes intertwined with mine, his eyes transitioning to each of mine before steadying his gaze.

"I never got tired of you... and I never will. I just wanted you to be more open with me." I reassure him, stroking his arm lightly with my thumb.

I rest my head on his chest, lightly, continuing to stroke him. He lets out a faint whine, tightening his grip on my lower back.

His breathing slows, the silence in the dark room taking over. He leans back, exhaling with relief, his arm snaked over my body.

He's always been so sensitive.

He shifts his body under me, deepening the hold; soon after letting out slight snores from his mouth. Resting my head on his chest, I soon after fall into a dreamless sleep on top of him.

______

I awoke, naturally, a few sun beams glistening through my window and creating a bright glow on my skin.

The bed was empty, a pillow lied on the floor and the comforter down to my lower back. The apartment was quiet, yet I could hear the fireplace crackle from the living room.

I sit up in bed, stretching my back. The bathroom door opened swiftly, revealing Konig, dressed fully in uniform.

"Sleep good?" He asks, the smirk underneath his mask could be heard in his voice.

I nod, feeling his hand slide through my hair.

"I have to meet up with Simon for a quick mission, i'll be back later today." He crouches down in front of me. "If you need anything, message me."

"Okay.." I say with unease, due to the text I received last night.

He stands up to his full height now, giving my head one last rub before exiting the room.

I sigh, now feeling alone, before the remembrance of my phone hit me. I search for it, finding it on the opposing side of the bed, on the floor.

Lifting it up, I realize it was nearly about to die, but the notification center contained a message.

Giovanni

i'm coming over tomorrow, I have
some news.
10:23 am

___________