23

__________

"Nice to meet you." Stephanie acted, holding her hand out to shake.

"Are you really going to act like you haven't stalked me for 2 weeks because you're obsessed with Konig?" I blurt out, squinting at her, stepping closer, feeling my eye twitch.

She glances at Soap, then focusing her gaze on me once again. The wind blows against my face, causing a slight whistle in the air.

She begins to laugh, as if to make me feel crazy.

"I haven't been stalking you, I came to check on you... since you've been having a hard time dealing with Konig cheating on you." She gives me a slight smirk.

"Me and Konig aren't even together.. you're really going to act like you weren't in Konigs apartment a week ago, trying to fuck him?" I pat my pockets looking for my phone.

"Is this true, Steph?" Soap questions, his voice urning with hurt.

"No... She's a drunk. Probably too much patron." She giggles, pushing her hair behind her ear.

I quickly find my phone in my left pocket, navigating through it to her messages, handing Soap the phone afterwards. He steps forward a bit to grab it.

The white screen lit up his face as he read, scrolling up every so often.

Stephanie fiddles with her fingers, giving me a glare as her nostrils flared.

Soaps face drops, biting his bottom lip with disappointment. He hands me my phone back, staring into Stephanie's eyes as he did so. Her eyes began to water as she locked her gaze on him.

His eyes dart between each of hers, then suddenly turning away. He shakes his head at her, then gives Konig a slight nod, turning around and walking off.

Konig lifts his arm once more, swiftly pulling the trigger against Stephanies cranium. The bullet sound rang in the air around us, echoing through the concrete.

Stephanie's body rag-dolls forward, lifelessly falling to the ground. Soap hadn't even looked back, the headlights lit the area in front of us as he drove off. Her body created a thud, hitting the stone.

I look up at Konig as he drops his arm, sliding the gun into a pocket on his uniform.

I inch towards him, quietly. He held his arms out, and I take this opportunity to slide into his arms, resulting in me getting engulfed in his warmth. He placed a hand on the back of my head, holding me to him.

A siren could be heard in the distance.

______________